• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC work with NCIC?

2 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if NGC cooperates with NCIC (the Numismatic Crime Information Center), but I would think they should. It would seem that, especially for certified coins, the cert lookup could be a useful tool in alerting people to a stolen coin. For example, I just saw this bulletin about a coin stolen in New York. It has a link to the cert lookup.  If NGC put something like "Contact NGC" on that lookup page, it would bring attention to it. 

I know that NGC does this for coins that are counterfeited, or slabs that are known to have copies. It seems useful for stolen coins too. Does NGC already do this? 

They could also be logging searches for the coin and turning that over to NCIC. When you visit a web site, you have NO expectation of privacy with regard to web logs or anything else for that matter.