• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Certification Not Found

6 posts in this topic

Hello all.  This is my first post, and if this is in the wrong section, I apologize and please feel free to move it.

Not sure what to do here.  I purchased a 2002 Silver Eagle, graded MS69.  For the first time ever, the certification number was not found on the NGC website.  Not in the database.  Does this mean it's a fake?  Do I ask for my money back?  And if it's not in the database, how do I determine if it is legitimate/real?

The certification # is 1953930-089

Thanks if anyone can guide me on this.

Welcome to the forum. I would not assume that the coin is "a fake", but I would contact NGC and see if they can provide an explanation.

It's more likely an error at NGC, or a very recent grading, than a fake. But certainly follow Mark's advice to be safe.

800-NGC-COIN or service@NGCcoin.com

Lance.

Phone

There are a couple possibilities with a simple typo error the most likely. It could also have been a date base error or you caught them in the middle of a batch update - with those two, try again and see if it 'magically' pops up.