pcgs
2 2

33 posts in this topic

3,945 posts
2 hours ago, wking994 said:

Just some info on grading standards between the two grading companies. 3 months ago I did a grading test with NGC. I cracked 6 different year Morgans all MS65 from PCGS..  2 were brand new slabs graded at the end of last year. 3 were graded almost 3 years ago, and one in an old green holder. 5 came back MS64 one came back MS63+..........

What were the coins? - if you don't mind me asking.

6 posts

You are correct, NGC is selling a service, would you want you some one selling the same service as you and next to you. That being said, both are grading new coins lower as to get the older coins out in the public for collectors to find them. With all the new coin mints out there with new machines, very few MS 70 still MS 69 are being put in the market, and the low number of MS 70 coins draw a better price. If you have a nice coin just put it up and save it. NGC or PCGS will not make much if your kids have them.

410 posts

I agree with the decision only NGC coins should be allowed on the NGC registry just like PMG notes should only be allowed on the PMG registry. Otherwise any coin should be allowed certified or raw coins. PCGS can always set up a registry to include NGC coins if they want.