• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jump to first undread post in a thread

4 posts in this topic

One of the most useful features of the old boards was the ability to automatically jump to the first unread post in a thread. I don't want to wade through the entire thread again trying to find where I left off. Is there a setting somewhere where I can change this? I couldn't find it. 

• Administrator
On 2/27/2017 at 6:08 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Well that was not intuitive at all! It works.... but is there any way to make this an option in your settings profile so that this is the standard instead of clicking a magic button? 

There is nothing in your preferences that can do this, no. There are some plugins that work on the server level that change that behavior, but it's not clear that they won't cause other problems. The plugin I have seen that does it also changes a bunch of other things at the same time that are questionable.

We may make this change, but probably not very near term.