• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Theme available while we wait

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi all,

You may have noticed that on the NGC and PMG forums we have installed the NGC theme to make the place look a little more like home.

You can also go to the very bottom of the page on the lower left and find a "Themes" menu item that will allow you to change your overall theme to NGC across the site rather than JUST in the NGC / PMG specific forums.

It's still not perfect, as there are some things not controlled by the theme (like the menus at the top) that have to remain CGC oriented, AND of course, the URL is still CGC right now - but it's closer.

We are actively working to get us all moved to the real domain name and instance, and I just want to say again that we thank all of you for your patience during the transition. I know it can be disorienting, but we really think it will be worth the hassle once everything settles out. Again, thank you.

• Administrator

Hello everyone,

Now that we've split NGC out, the only theme available here is the NGC theme. With only one theme currently enabled, I don't think that the theme menu shows up.

HOWEVER, we've been working on some updated themes on the CGC site and rapidly evolving them based on the feedback from their higher traffic. As we finalize all the adjustments, we'll be making a couple of flavors of those themes available here once they have been adjusted to look right for NGC.

We'll post a notice as that happens so that you can all check them out. Key things that are changing in those themes:

1. Some other colors that help break up the bright white of this starting theme
  2. A denser list of threads on forum pages
  3. Clearer separation of one thread from the next, one post from the next, and the difference between a quote and the main body of a new psot
  4. A variety of other smaller tweaks