• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PM Help

12 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, coinman_23885 said:

Log in using your old credentials (use email for username) and click on the envelope in the far right corner...

Did that, and I still get no history...this new system is a mess.

Just now, Lablover1 said:

Did that, and I still get no history...this new system is a mess.

Your post count is 2 which suggests a new account... I have no idea.  Did you have a different email address between your registry log-in and board log-in?  Some people did.

5 hours ago, BAJJERFAN said:

Yikes a mighty. Messages I thought I deleted from years ago are still there. Goes back 10 years.

I guess nothing is ever truly deleted around here... This probably explains the reason that the old tape back-ups took forever and would bring down the boards late on weekends nights/early mornings.

13 hours ago, coinman_23885 said:

Your post count is 2 which suggests a new account... I have no idea.  Did you have a different email address between your registry log-in and board log-in?  Some people did.

Same email, etc. used for years, I changed nothing.

Did you have another email you might have used for the Collector Society account?  I think they are using that email and then the message board handle to combine accounts.  

At the moment I'm trying to disentangle the merge...I had one name for my CS (registry stuff) and one for my message board activity.  Because I had the same email for both, they are getting squashed together.  

For those who had two emails--one for CS and one for the boards, but the same handle it appears as though this is generating the '1' accounts (Lablover and Lablover1).  This may not be what is causing your problem, but it is a problem.

There is a sticky post on top of the main CGC page (https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/ ) where you can ask them to straighten it all out--which you should do as eventually the old board link is likely to go away.

• Administrator
On 2/14/2017 at 7:52 PM, Lablover said:

Can anyone tell me how to locate my PM history? I need to find a former PM sent...

You were using a different email address with your chat board account than you were using with your NGC Collectors Society account.  I merged your accounts so that you can log in with your NGC Collectors Society account credentials and you have your original board name and all associated posts and private messages back.