• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Forum questions

25 posts in this topic

I was wondering, is there going to be a "Like" button for a given post on the new forum?  I'm looking, and I can't see one.

Also, does the Max TOTAL size of 440K for posting images mean a TOTAL of 440K (as by plain English it should mean), OR does it mean that you may post multiple images (e.g. an obverse and a reverse) that are EACH up to 440K?

Don't know, but you could test your questions by posting in the Testing 1..., 2..., 3… board.  Try one photo, then try two photos, both identical, and around 440KB.

If you drag photos over from Photobucket, they actually store the photos, not  CGC, and so they can be much larger, i.e. Charmy's TONS OF PICS posts.

The cap is 450.56 KB total for all images.  I agree that is a significant limitation. You can still use the old code (e.g. the "img" in square bracket style code).  Also gone apparently is the ability to delete a post.  For BST purposes, that it is a bit annoying as I typically delete sold items after it arrives to prevent cluttering the boards.  I already miss the old boards.

4wE9NxtDS0arqxspNHKM_s-l1600.jpg

You can delete posts, from everyone except the mods.  But make sure your images are in a reply to your original post.

For reply posts, (after you have already made the post, and you're looking at it) at the bottom is a +, Quote, and Options.

Click the arrow to the right of Options, a menu will drop down with Hide.

Click Hide, and it will ask why you want to hide, give any reason (or maybe no reason (don't know)) and Submit, and that post will be gone.

Your action is irreversible, so be sure that's what you want to do.

If you click on the "Insert other media" box in the lower right hand corner of the reply box you have the option of posting photos from Photobucket or any other URL like you were able to do before when you selected the insert photo button.

Numismatics looking good here in blue.  Very nice.

Cannot edit Bio info on the NGC Collectors Society page:

• Top of this page, click  Registry 
    •  click  NGC  tab on the page that opens (top left tab)
      •  NGC Collectors Society  will open showing the Control Panel
        • click  MY BIO  tab
          • make changes to MY BIO
          • click  SAVE BIO  (beneath window) and get the following error:

An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically. 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

• click  MY BIO  tab
          • make changes to MY BIO

An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically. 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Give it some time Bob. They are still working many details out. We are the first guinea pigs!! lol

Oh… oops!

My brother is color blind, I asked him about it when we were kids and he said he couldn't tell shades of colors well.

But he could tell a blue from a red.

But, what does it all mean?  How does anyone know what anyone else really sees?

Still, it was amazing when you have those color blind mosaics and I would see a large 2, and he would see some other number.

I'd ask him more forcefully, "You don't see a two?!" "Nope."

So far I have just viewed it on a PC.  (a Windows XP machine lol!)

The new notifications are neat. 

The new way of quoting is what is catching on. 

Ad placement is annoying but hey, it pays for things.

Really on my old PC it loads pretty well. 

• Administrator
On 2/17/2017 at 2:36 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

• click  MY BIO  tab
          • make changes to MY BIO

Thank you for reporting this. I am looking into it and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Dena, I had logged off from the  NGC Collectors Society  page, and when I logged in (on this old kinda page) anew, just now, I went in and was able to make an edit to my BIO that stuck.

So, it may have been that when I was having problems when I first posted, it was because I was stuck with having been logged in all along, and once logged off, and re-logged on, things were reset.

Unless, of course, you made some changes to settings and fixed it from your end.

On my I phone it is really cumbersome to get to this page.  You might want to consider adding a Blue Tab with a link to Chat Boards on your ngccoin.com for smart phones. 

Thus far, the experience is not very good. Cluttered junk on the right column; rejected access to Arch's suggestions; lots of wasted space and ineffective post layouts; annoying popups with no means to stop them. From pre-rollout comments by Dena, I thought NGC had done their planning according to SW best practices.....but that's obviously not the case. (Other sites have had similar problems, especially Stack's auctions....) [FWIW -- I've led and managed large scale software projects both from origin and conversions. 40% of the budget (time and $$) goes to planning, 20% to testing and documentation, 30% to coding, and 10% to user training and initial administrative training. Regardless of development methodology, planning always comes first.]

PS: My icon tag is "Seasoned Veteran." I wonder what kind of seasoning? I hope it's something tasty.