• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up this well produced, colorful gem

7 posts in this topic

1937-S PCGS MS 66 CACI participated, for the first time ever, in a Legend sale. There were some absolutely stunning, original beauties in that sale, including the 'Northern lights' Morgan dollars. Some Walkers and other series stunners were no exception, too, as I found this wonderful, colorful, premium gemIt is VERY well struck with full skirts, well rounded & defined thumb, full head and sharp eagle's breast and trailing leg. The obverse is very unique with toning of rose, cranberry and tangerine. It looks all original to me, as it looks like an end of roll toner. The reverse is white but both sides are dripping with frost and have very bold luster bands. I really like original coins that are appealing and I am delighted to pick them up, when the opportunity presents itself. There are some delicate lines in the right facing obverse field but they're very minor, as some of that is the toning pattern. Colorful coins with great eye appeal bring moon money, so I had no idea what this beauty would go for, especially, since it was so sharply defined, too, but I got it very reasonably. I am very happy with it, as I won the auction Thursday evening, paid Friday morning and it was overnighted to me Monday, so it was in my hand by Tuesday afternoon. I was also looking at a blazing luster 1937-S PCGS MS 66 + Walker coin, on a different site, but it had neither the strike nor the eye appeal of this piece and it was far more expensive. I feel quite fortunate to have been able to acquire this one.My Walker mint state full set is now 90% complete (59 of 65 coins) but this is the first coin that I could not add to my NGC competitive sets, as it is a PCGS coin purchased after January 1st of 2017. So, I created my first NGC Custom Set. I am adding only the PCGS coins, to this new set, that I may happen to purchase, in order to make my full set complete. I see no reason to replicate my entire Walker set. I will likely add this new Custom set to my Chat board signature line, so at least, people will know that it exists. My advice to you all is to collect what's in your heart, because like it or not, what you collect, what you share and what you pass on is really just a part of and a reflection of who YOU are. So make it Great! :)

Cheers to all!

WF

17839.jpg

See more journals by Walkerfan

I went to your 1934 thru 1947 set first to take a look at the reverse and eventually found it here--very nice, congrats on another satisfying addition.

I went to your 1934 thru 1947 set first to take a look at the reverse and eventually found it here--very nice, congrats on another satisfying addition.

Would've loved to have been able to add it there but, alas, I can't. Thus the reason for the Custom set.

Thanks, guys!