• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IMPORTANT - NGC Chat Boards Upgrade

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

NGC is upgrading its Chat Boards in early February with new software that will make it easier to post, add pictures and--best of all--use the NGC Chat Boards on your smartphones!

The NGC Chat Boards upgrade will begin at 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6, and is expected to be done by 11:00am EST on Wednesday, February 8. While the upgraded chat boards will be available to NGC users on Wednesday, February 8, the familiar NGC template will not display on the page until later in the week. Instead, NGC users will temporarily see the upgraded boards in a CGC template.

All posts, threads and private messages created before 11:00 EST on 2/6 will be migrated to the new NGC Chat Boards. As you might imagine, there are A LOT of posts to migrate! To ensure that everything is migrated without issue, you will NOT be able to send private messages or post in existing threads until the upgrade is done. We'll create a "temporary" section on the old chat boards where you can post while the upgrade is in progress, but these posts will NOT be migrated to the new Boards.

We recommend closing all Buy, Sell, Trade posts before 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6.

The upgraded NGC Chat Boards will be located on NGCcoin.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll be able to log in with your NGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) NGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free NGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

If you visit the new boards while logged in as a NGC Authorized Dealer, you'll be prompted to log in with a NGC Collectors Society account instead.

If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact NGC Customer Service at 800-NGC-COIN (642-2646) or service@NGCcoin.com.

Probably a dumb question (I know, I know 'there are no dumb questions'...but there are inquisitive insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! This will be an example).

My chat board nickname 'Stork' is one I use here (obviously), and I like it for consistency. But I used a new nickname for the Registry. Seeing as it's neither name/handle but my email to log in with for the Collector's Society, will my nickname for the chat boards be Stork or my other nickname?

I've been using 'Stork' for over a decade on the coin boards, but didn't want it for the registry stuff, and in fact made up a new handle (even grabbed a website domain for it).

I'd hate to not be 'Stork' anymore--and would really hate to have my old history changed to the new name--but I also don't want to change my registry sets to the 'Stork' name as it's kind of silly. (Not that my other name is not silly .... but in a different way). Don't get me wrong, it's not a secret what my other handle is, but it's not 'me' like Stork is 'me'.

Thanks,

Stork/SCH/csc/etc.

edited to add: Great about the upgrades though--look forward to easier picture posting!

Dena --

Thanks for the update and migration notice. When users are engaged and told what will happen and when, the results are usually positive. NGC gets a gold star for communication (but I don't know about the CAC sticker....)

[if I use it on my smart phone, does it still permit dumb questions? Also, If I don't have a smart phone do I have to imagine it? Lastly, if my smart phone has a low IQ, do I have to use short words.]

;)

• Administrator
Probably a dumb question (I know, I know 'there are no dumb questions'...but there are inquisitive insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! This will be an example).

My chat board nickname 'Stork' is one I use here (obviously), and I like it for consistency. But I used a new nickname for the Registry. Seeing as it's neither name/handle but my email to log in with for the Collector's Society, will my nickname for the chat boards be Stork or my other nickname?

Good question and one I'm sure will be frequently asked.

We will match your chat board account to your Collectors Society account. You will keep the nickname Stork and this will become your registry nickname as well.