• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nearing the finish line posted by stgecko

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm back at it and am excited to be focusing on my coin collection.

I have been focusing on collecting a type set of early commemorative coins. I'm nearly there. I have 8 more coins to get and of course they are the most expensive ones. I'm thinking about the Antietam coin or the Battle of Gettysburg coin for when my tax return arrives. I also need the following: Isabella Quarter, Missouri, Hawaii, Hudson, Spanish Trail, Cincinnati. To maintain my collection at MS65 or better, I will need to pry open my wallet as the remainder may cost me above four grand.

Being disabled I don't have a lot of spare cash laying around. I'll have to get creative when I'm ready.

See more journals by stgecko

Welcome back and I hope you get the Antietam or the Gettysburg you are looking for. As for the rest, your list is indeed quite daunting. Remember that collecting coins is more of a marathon than it is a sprint. Hang in there and you will eventually realize your goal. All the Best!

Gary

This is great news!  Sometimes, you have to reach for what you want/need.  But as Gary said, patience is key, as you don't need to be financially strained.  Only you can determine a feasible personal coin budget.  Any progress is good progress.  Best of Luck to you!

Good advice on the marathon vs. the sprint. After many years I have grown more patient. I still buy because I have to have it coins but for the most part I'm patient.

I got my Antietam at the local coin shop. I felt better about the purchase because I got to hold it and examine it and I bought locally which I enjoy.

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/blogs/entry/11149-nearing-the-finish-line/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

04 My Journal NGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

05 Search Journals NGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

06 Members Journals NGC.png