• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This has to be the largest slab ever made!

36 posts in this topic

Ok slab collectors here's one for you. This thing is huge! 10 kilo or 22 pound solid gold coin. Does anyone know of a larger coin that is slabbed? Can you imagine cracking out that bad boy?

image_zpssnduxaqf.jpeg

That's $425,920 of GOLD!! :sumo:

There are 12 troy ounces in a pound (versus 16 dry ounces). I still come out around $317k based on $1200 spot.

Of course......silly me. lol

Thanks for the clarification. :)(thumbs u

There are 12 troy ounces in a pound (versus 16 dry ounces). I still come out around $317k based on $1200 spot.

Actually I was wrong too, 1 lb = 14.5833 troy oz not 12 or 16 oz. Sorry for any confusion! So it is closer to $386k.

:sorry:

How many years were these issued? I would love to see a complete set or box of 20.

These generally have an extremely limited mintage, but they've been produced for many years. The lunar series linked later in the thread has a mintage of 15. I'm not sure how many of the Olympic pieces were issued.

I do think it's cool that the slab has the number of the issue (No. 18 in this case).

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I asked to have my silver three-cent piece slabbed in that holder but was rebuffed... :(

Actually I was wrong too, 1 lb = 14.5833 troy oz not 12 or 16 oz. Sorry for any confusion! So it is closer to $386k.

:sorry:

You could avoid all of the "pound" confusion if you just used the conversion of 31.1035 grams = 1 troy ounce

Thus: 10 kg = 10,000 g = 321.51 troy ounces = $385,809 (@ $1200/troy ounce)

Imagine the simplicity if we just eliminated troy ounce. No more TV marketing schemes.

That's an interesting fallacy of logic. TV marketing schemes exist for thousands of items not valued in troy ounces.

I just saw an Idaho potato sale ad on TV. It was 287 troy ounces at $1.41 a troy ounce. I am all over that sale. Leaving to go there now. :banana:

You're so annoying.

I just saw an Idaho potato sale ad on TV. It was 287 troy ounces at $1.41 a troy ounce. I am all over that sale. Leaving to go there now. :banana:

You're so annoying.

I apologize. I don't participate in personal belittlement, or replying in kind. It serves no purpose.

Humor is a useful tool, when it is understood. I obviously used it in a manner that you interpreted as directed toward you and you did not interpret humor. I certainly understand that.

A solution for your annoyance is simply to ignore me and not respond to anything I post.