• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Icelandic Kingdom Era Collection posted by Iskrona

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I Can't believe It

I was checking out a certification number tonight and noticed that the Register Awards where given out on the 6th while I was away on vacation which I had forgotten all about. As I scrolled down reading about the sets that was honored this year and to my complete shock to say the least I seen my set being one of the five that was awarded NGC Registry Best World Sets. I had to look again to make sure that what I was really reading was in fact what I was reading. I never ever thought that my set would win because of all the terrific sets out there. Well I would like to thank NGC for this honor and yes I will in the near future get those other coins graded,,,Well I did come across a nicer 1942 10 Aurar then the one I have. And in the passed two years a close friend of mine in Iceland became the curator of the Numismatic collection in the national museum in Iceland and I have plans on visiting him and viewing the collection,,,specially the 1940 1 and 2 kronur coins that are believed to be proofs. Someday I hope to buy a good camera so I can include photos to my set.

Well thank you once more and graduations to all the other winners and I guess hard work does pays off.

See more journals by Iskrona

Congratulations Iskrona! I'm planning a trip to Iceland this year and now I know I need to visit the National Museum to see the Numismatic Collection. Please feel free to post any more interesting information about the collection.

~jack

Congratulations Iskrona! I'm planning a trip to Iceland this year and now I know I need to visit the National Museum to see the Numismatic Collection. Please feel free to post any more interesting information about the collection.

~jack

Thank You Jack . I hope your trip to Iceland is a great one. I have plans on writing more details about the coins but never really got around to it. Thanks again

Let me also add my congratulations to you, Iskrona! I for one, will be anticipating the day you add photos of your coins to your award winning set!

Gary

Thank you Gary.. I believe it was you some years back...maybe 5 years ago or so that said I would have a chance of winning a award for best world set and I thought I wouldn't because of all the great sets out there...Well Gary it took a few years but you were right....I'm still in shock.

Thanks Again

Gudni

Congratulations my friend. I know how you feel. My award just showed up in my mailbox one day and I was so surprised. I just submitted 39 coins for crossover when I was at the NYINC show. I'm excited to get my coins back in nice fresh slabs. Even with the great deal they are giving until April, it is still not so cheap to have so many coins crossed over. You can have them image your items for you if you like. Even though they sometimes forget to do it unless you remind them, they do take very nice photos. I only ever had one occasion where the photos that they initially sent me were horrible, but after emailing with them they somehow managed to send me some great photos.

If we lived close to one another I would photograph your coins for you.

Be proud of your great efforts and collections. Those of us who have spent so many years on collections, and having modest means as well, have a lot to be proud of!

Hi Scott

How have you been my friend. Thank you for your kind words and offer of photographing my collection ,,but sadly I live in Jersey and its a bit of a hike to your place. I do sometimes go to Morrisville to do some fossil collecting over the weekend and I think its about another two hours or so to Rochester. Maybe we can meet up the next time i'm up there. Your congo collection still amazes me to this day and some of the rare coins you find ,,,Like the one you recently posted with the extra hole in it is great to say the least. I wasn't able to go to the NY show this year because I went to Disney, I wish you luck with your submission and would be looking forward to see how it turned out as well as the coins themselves

Tony

It was a great show Tony. I found a piece that there are only 3 pieces known/graded. It is from Katanga. I plan on writing a journal on it soon.

If you are ever up here let me know.

I appreciate the compliment on my collection. It's forever a work in progress.

I actually just upgraded an extremely rare pattern, which you know is a tough thing to do. I'll sell the lesser piece soon.

Congratulations again. Keep on collecting!

Scott