• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 cents with P mint mark

11 posts in this topic

Cool! I didn't realize this- hopefully a few mint employees forget to add the "P." Would be an awesome variety.

Not likely. The article said the P was added to the master die - so every working hub and working die will receive the P.

Will the cents struck at West Point still have no mintmark?

Well West Point hasn't struck cents since 1986 so I doubt it. Even if they were to strike them they might use the P mintmark. On the other hand back when San Francisco and West Point were striking cents with no mint mark they did not have official Mint status, today they do. That might make a difference.

Would also be a nice way to celebrate the 225 anniversary. Mintmarked coins for circulation from all four official operating mints. Anyone for circulating 2017 P, D, S, and W cents?

On 1/13/2017 at 5:15 PM, nk1nk said:

Interesting read. I like that the mint didn't mention it. I bet they receive a lot of calls for awhile. ?

http://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2017/01/p-mint-mark-added-to-lincoln-cent-for-first-time.html

On 1/13/2017 at 5:15 PM, nk1nk said:

Interesting read. I like that the mint didn't mention it. I bet they receive a lot of calls for awhile. ?

http://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2017/01/p-mint-mark-added-to-lincoln-cent-for-first-time.html

Anyone have them graded yet ?? I sent in six p mint marks and got what I thought was very low grades. I sent in cut outs from uncerculated sets. They came back 66 and 65  I was thinking at least a 67 maybe 68 i see on ebay PCGS  at 67 and 67 + and 68  and you can see right away there beat up. Maybe came out of rolls labels don't say. I'm new to this gradeing coin stuff but I know a coin you have to use a magnifying glass on to see any marks ect should grade higher than coins you don't need a magnifying glass to see there beat up.  Any ideas how this happens or why ?? Now I'm stuck trying to sell 66 coins against 67 and 68. I always thought NGC. Was the best place to send them or is PCGS just give high grades to any ol beat up coin ?? 

Also where can I find out how many are graded by ngc ? I would like to see the pop and price but I can't find it anywhere on here. You got a link maybe ?? 

Thanks for your help in advance.