• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beginner: How to find AU values

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Beginner here trying to value coins, most already graded. Could anyone tell me a resource for finding AU values? I have been using NGC online (no AU values for any World Coins), as well as the Standard Catalogs (Krause?) - also no AU values. Dates run from 1600's to mid 1900's.

I am not ready at this point to use a grading service since I don't know if the value of any given coin is in the range to make it worthwhile.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

There is often a difference between catalogue value and market value. As a collector of British pre-decimal coins, I generally use auction archives to get an idea of market value. Specifically, I use London Coins, DNW and Heritage all of which have searchable archives. If the coin is fairly common and there have been multiple examples up for auction then you can get a general idea of market value.