• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Target toned proof Jefferson Nickels - Moved to eBay

3 posts in this topic

Happy New Year!

Since it's a new year it's time to clear out a few things. I'm trying these here first to see if there is any interest before I post them elsewhere.

It's difficult for me to price these because they are pretty much at the top of the ladder for toned proof Jeffersons. These were part of an entire raw collection of nickels I bought from a respected dealer who acquired them as a piece of a larger deal and just wanted to move them along because they aren't what he typically deals with. There were several other earlier nickels toned just as nice as these that I've opted to hang onto because the colors are so amazing and it will be a long time before I see anything like these again. It's a head-scratcher that neither of these were given the star designation, but the images will show whether or not they should have been worthy.

The two nickels I'm posting were submitted by me to our hosts and have sequential serial numbers. There are two sets of photos for each: one set taken outside with ambient light to bring out the colors and one set taken inside to show lustre...I'm no good at getting both in one shot.

Ebay: 1958 Proof target toned nickel

Ebay: 1960 Proof target toned nickel

1958 Proof 68 Jefferson Nickel - $105

1958JeffersonObverse.jpg

1958JeffersonReverse2.jpg

1958JeffersonObverse3.jpg

1958JeffersonReverse3.jpg

1960 Proof 67 Jefferson Nickel - $65

1960JeffersonObverse2.jpg

1960JeffersonReverse2.jpg

1960JeffersonObverse3.jpg

1960JeffersonReverse3.jpg