• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1829 Half Dime Capped Bust

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm a comic book guy but always been interested in coins. Any help in grading would be appreciated as I'm a complete novice to this type of collecting.

As you know this coin is quite small so it did not scan very well.

Hopefully you can still get some idea. Thanks in advance!

1829%20Half%20Cent%20Classic%20Head%20front_zps4dvkbwhe.jpg

1829%20Half%20Cent%20Classic%20Head%20back_zpsxktzv5gi.jpg

We'll need bigger pictures to tell you much, Phil.

I will say, that is actually a 5 cent coin, known as a half dime. It is made of silver. A half cent would be much larger and made of copper.

It looks to be in somewhat high grade, but without better pictures we can't tell you much.

I will say, that is actually a 5 cent coin, known as a half dime. It is made of silver. A half cent would be much larger and made of copper.

It looks to be in somewhat high grade, but without better pictures we can't tell you much.

Thanks! I'll work on bigger pictures tomorrow, and as you can see I don't know my coins! :sorry:

Thanks! I'll work on bigger pictures tomorrow, and as you can see I don't know my coins! :sorry:

No worries, that's why we're here!