• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi, First thread convinces me to send my $20 Lib set to CAC

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Just joined this forum and surprised that I've only recently heard that there was a discussion forum at NGC. And that after belonging to Collectors Society and using the services of both NGC+PMG for years.

Don't know if I should dare say I belong to the other forum ( I recognize a couple others) but even with after 40 years of collecting I'm still interested in the hobby and still learning (that's so true in life also). Been in and out of coins and got back to coins last 2 yrs.

Anyways this past summer I finally got all my coins from SDB and safes that make up my $20 Lib Date set. That was the 1st time I had ever seen them together.

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/bigal2749/media/IMG_2944_zpsxtatqlkz.jpg.html

I recently took a trip to CAC and had a number (118) evaluated but only 3 twenties from the set but after seeing the discussion of the recent GC auction of CAC gold I'll be making another trip. The 3 twenties got all 3 of the options --Gold sticker for a 1850-O in 53, green for a 1852 in 62, and nothing for the 1886 in 58.

$100K melt

Naw, I'm just kidding. That's a lot of gold! I see some green labels mixed in and some old no-line fatties, we need a closer look at the 'gold' bean coin.

Welcome to the forum!

Can't see much of the details of the coins but the quantity shown in the picture is still very impressive. I bet it was just a lot of fun to lay the coins out in order to take a picture!! Your picture definitely gives me the incentive to visit my SDB and do something similar. My picture won't be as impressive but the fun will still be there!

Mark

CAC, the right auction (could be GC, HA or SB), definitely not ebay, etc.. Sell in stages with a lot of research going into the best plastic, imaging, etc., certain times of year can be better in sync with major shows. Cross from Anacs and non-P/N into CAC-able holders. Try again if you get a low grade, something the auction houses seldom do. CAC plus OH seems to be magic.