• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS 1971-S Silver Proof 70 Deep Cameo Eisenhower posted by Skeester

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finally, the proud owner of said coin

It has been a long time coming, and I am still on the verge of hyperventilation, but I own it now. Took a little wheelin and dealin', but I have it. Mind you, it's not too often I can ever find one at such an incredible price. I am just happy, and it's a Merry Christmas to me! (Please, no grinches to rain on my parade. It would be much appreciated)

17774.JPG

See more journals by Skeester

I am extremely happy for you. Locating that coin in that grade

is accomplishment enough, but to actually "wheel and deal" for

it, is quite a feat. Congratulations !! Looks like you are already

having a Merry Christmas !! ???????❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️☃

Looks like that one is all there. Prices will come down an these as more are graded. I've looked at a few 69 Ultra pieces that had heavier contrast and looked perfect to me for around 200 bucks.

If you are familiar with Ike proofs, then you'd know it is highly unlikely that there are going to be more PF70's graded and drop the prices because of availability.

Ike proof issues tend to haze and develop milk spots, but also, even the tiniest mark on a coin that has been sitting without encapsulation for almost 50 years is almost assured.

This is not a new release or a true modern coin which has tens of millions in pristine, high-quality government/mint packaging. Many of the cardboard inserts in the 1970's caused damage themselves and the plastic holders were not hermetically sealed but were simply snapped closed with lots of air gaps.

I'd be surprised if even 2 or 3 more coins are ever graded PF70 for this issue ever again.

Congrats on a great addition for an Ike proof set--truly a condition rarity for the period of issue.