• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG WLH (REVEALED)

10 posts in this topic

Very attractive toning. The strike is actually pretty good for the date, and the luster appears strong. The marks on the eagle's breast and waist are going to really hurt the grade, since they are in focal areas. I would call this a very attractive 65, but wouldn't be surprised to see it in a 66 holder (is it graded by ANACS? The holder makes me think Anacs. If its Anacs, I'd bet its in a 66 holder).

I agree with Jason. I'd say, at least 65 and shot at 66, with those smooth obverse fields and great color and very decent strike. Without those unfortunate marks across the eagles breast; it would grade higher---possibly 66+ or even 67.

My brain tells me that the marks on the eagle are exaggerated significantly by the large image and don't look nearly as bad in-hand. But my eyes are overriding my brain, so I will guess MS65, rather than a higher grade.

Regardless, it's a very attractive coin.

Thank you everyone!

In hand, the obverse is very clean to the unaided eye. The luster is stronger. On the reverse, the marks are less conspicuous but still obviously limit the grade. I posted this because I thought, despite the marks on the reverse, the coin was worthy of a gem grade. NGC disagreed and called it MS64.

I was thinking 66; seldom do you see a Walker with that exceptional eye appeal. I would try it again until they (or another service) gets it right. A major submitter who really knows dollars and does bulk submissions has been shocked at how conservative NGC has gotten from time to time. The only downside there is with that is they get less classic coins submissions, while the Asian/world market is booming as well as moderns.

I was thinking 66; seldom do you see a Walker with that exceptional eye appeal. I would try it again until they (or another service) gets it right. A major submitter who really knows dollars and does bulk submissions has been shocked at how conservative NGC has gotten from time to time. The only downside there is with that is they get less classic coins submissions, while the Asian/world market is booming as well as moderns.

There's not a significant value spread between a 64 and a 65. So if it's not going to grade 66, repeated resubmissions would likely be a waste of time and money.