1935 peace dollar

11 posts in this topic

14,817 posts

Hard to judge the luster, and there could be some fine marks hidden in the reverse pic, but everything I see looks consistent with a 64 grade.

2,281 posts

I agree with an MS 64 designation but the pics could well be reading Mint State and in fact be showing wear in the hair and on the eagle meaning AU.

Edited by Raisethis2

758 posts

Thanks for the replies. I also thought it looked to be ms64. Picked it up for cheap on the bay so the pics are the sellers, I will post some other pics when I get it in hand. I will say I didn't notice this until after I paid for it but I'm a little concerned about what's going on with the rim around 10 o'clock. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

image_zpsxnpuwgsk.jpeg

9,083 posts
I will say I didn't notice this until after I paid for it but I'm a little concerned about what's going on with the rim around 10 o'clock. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

The rim ding may have caused ANACS to net grade it. Without seeing the edge, not much more can be said. I don't find it distracting at the grade level in any event (from what I can see anyway).

819 posts
I will say I didn't notice this until after I paid for it but I'm a little concerned about what's going on with the rim around 10 o'clock. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

The rim ding may have caused ANACS to net grade it. Without seeing the edge, not much more can be said. I don't find it distracting at the grade level in any event (from what I can see anyway).

This..................... The black mark is more distracting.

4,890 posts

I think it's a net MS 64 due to the rim nick and spot on the crown/headdress.

The fields and devices are very smooth and unabraded.