• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC graded coins ONLY in Registry Sets (US and World)

263 posts in this topic

Your concerns regarding the development and upkeep on a new, independent registry site are the very reasons that I suggested that the ANA assume the role of keeper of the registry. The ANA is the watchdog, promoter, and overall spokesman for the numismatist society and therefore should avail themselves of every tool to support the coin collectors who support them. Many coin collectors like to compete against other coin collectors for whom has the best set. This encourages collectors to upgrade and add to their sets. Other collectors may be attracted to the various types of coin sets they can complete with the purchase of a few additional coins they had not previously considered purchasing. The registry promotes cash turnover for dealers, PCGS, NGC, ANA and collectors. And, the registry is an important tool to keep the hobby alive.

It's a PITA to me. I don't significantly use the PCGS Registry specifically because they don't accept NGC coins. All of my coins are on the NGC Registry, and of those roughly 2/3 are in PCGS slabs. I have a long way to go on my Type Set, and I strongly suspect I'll be buying coins in both major TPG's slabs.

As the saying goes, I buy the coin and not the holder, and NGC slabs have plenty of well graded coins (of which I feel ZERO need to reslab them in PCGS plastic, although I may send in the more valuable ones for CAC before selling them).

ARGGGHHHHH!!!

What I think is implied in Mark's statement is that NGC slabs are cracked out, sent for crossover to PCGS, and re-entered in the NGC registry at a higher grade. I accept his reasoning and their decision to granfather older PCGS coins already in the registry. This I think will effectively level the playing field between the two registries. It will also cause an NGC registry participant to submit raw and crossover coins to NGC for grading rather than to PCGS for later entry into NGC's registry. This then is a business decision that makes perfect sense.

Gary

While I have made thousands of dollars off of getting NGC slabbed coins to upgrade over at PCGS, I think the majority (or at least a large minority) of higher valued coins that are slabbed at NGC will not cross at grade at PCGS, much less upgrade. You are welcome to prove me wrong by taking a representative selection (NOT a handpicked selection) and attempting to crossover.

It seems to me that IN GENERAL a higher value coin is worth more in a PCGS slab than in an NGC slab. Are there people who crack PCGS slabs and send them to NGC for crossover? Sure! However, IMO, the vast majority of crack outs are from people attempting to go from NGC to PCGS slabs.

The PCGS value gap is what drives the crackouts, causing dealers to screen NGC coins into PCGS slabs. It would not be fair to judge a random sample of NGC coins for their ability to make the same grade at PCGS, unless it could be assured that they hadn't already been picked over.

Your concerns regarding the development and upkeep on a new, independent registry site are the very reasons that I suggested that the ANA assume the role of keeper of the registry. The ANA is the watchdog, promoter, and overall spokesman for the numismatist society and therefore should avail themselves of every tool to support the coin collectors who support them. Many coin collectors like to compete against other coin collectors for whom has the best set. This encourages collectors to upgrade and add to their sets. Other collectors may be attracted to the various types of coin sets they can complete with the purchase of a few additional coins they had not previously considered purchasing. The registry promotes cash turnover for dealers, PCGS, NGC, ANA and collectors. And, the registry is an important tool to keep the hobby alive.

I'd just like to be able to post of sets of coins with pictures and history. You could award the PCGS no points so far as I'm concerned. The main trouble with that is that once you collection ends up on the second page of the registry, no one ever looks at it.

For anyone considering building their own independent competitive registry (there's been quite a bit of talk about it here), it would be nearly impossible. Neither NGC nor PCGS offer an API for their certification look-up tools, so you couldn't authenticate that any given coin is the grade the user says it is. Meaning there is a lot of room for abuse (I create a collection of double eagles and say they're all MS 70, who can prove me wrong? Or I create a type set and add all of Bill's certification numbers in my slots, will your software stop me? Will you offer enough customer support to address Bill's concerns when he writes to you about it?).

At best you could hire someone to manually look up the certification numbers and approve listings as they come in, but that would be a full time job (and the registry definitely would not produce enough traffic to pay for itself, let alone hiring someone on salary). And then you'd have to add in ANACS and ICG, again, no API tool for certification look ups (and remember, everyone wants the registry to be inclusive so the top four at a minimum should be included).

Then there are the competitive sets themselves. How do you go about building those with everyone wanting so many specialized sets, and people arguing over which coins should be included and which shouldn't. Me personally, I'd use some kind of third-party standard, like the Red Book. If it's listed in the Red Book, it's in the competitive set. So if you want your highly-specialized variety in the competitive set, petition the Red Book, not the registry. But that only works for the US. There is no Red Book for Canadian coins, or Australia's mint, etc.

Then the scoring... population reports are changing every day, and again, no API tool. So how do you determine the score for any coin in any grade? PCGS's approach of grade x multiplier for rarity is a bit cleaner than NGC's algo, but still requires you to assign a rarity multiplier to every single coin.

Taking the above into consideration the only real choice is to build a showcase site, non-competitive, that lets you build custom sets. But CollectiveCoin and even Photobucket already allow you to do this, so I'm not sure there's a need for yet another site.

All that to say, I own registrysets.com but I'm not sure there's anything that can be done with it.

I'm sure that every one of your engineering concerns is solvable. I don't have the programming experience to solve it, but I'm sure someone could. One big concern everyone would have is - why do you allow TPG X into your registry but not Y or Z? Well, you could answer that question by limiting it to TPGs that have an online cert verification (NGC, PCGS, ANACS, are there any others? Does ICG?) I'll bet you could program a bot to lookup and verify the cert numbers.

As for the sets - the number of specialized sets is ridiculous. There are dozens of different sets for some series, with a dizzying permutation of minor varieties. I'd start with the RedBook sets, build the site, gain a following, and then work on expansion. I'd also start with US only to begin with, and expand to popular world series later. You can't jump in with everything - the NGC registry has been adding hundreds of new sets a year for 15 years.

For scoring, there are several options. I don't know that NGC's point system is the best. Just using the straight grade (as PCGS used to do) isn't the best either.... maybe use the value? (just the first idea that popped in my head). That accounts for rarity (more or less), and is easily obtained from several websites (again, a programmer should be able to do that). You'd have to license the data, of course.

Even if you only start with custom sets, building the user base (and getting ad revenue to finance further operations) is a start. Your domain name is a huge plus.

Really, I think this is an achievable thing.

Legend on the new changes to the NGC Registry:

http://www.legendnumismatics.com/hot-topics/registry-riot/

REGISTRY RIOT

Posted: November 19, 2016 10:02 PM EST| 0 Replies

THINK RATIONAL PEOPLE! 

First, let me state I have NEVER been a fan of the Set Registries. I do see they can do some good and are good for record keeping, but I happen to see a lot of negatives. Further, I want to make it clear I do NOT like or support Mark Salzberg of NGC. However, I do fully agree with him banning “other” grading services from NGC Registries, HOWEVER (another big HOWEVER) what he said and his reasoning for the action were childish to the nth degree.

In the beginning when PCGS started its Registry it was all PCGS. I thought it was crude but later I realized PCGS has a right to include ONLY PCGS coins. Its their Registry, it is all about the PCGS product.  NGC acted like it was taking the high road and decided to include ALL services in its Registry (at the time I believe their action was more an in your face to PCGS). That was a huge mistake, they should have stayed all NGC in the beginning. So now, years later, they decide to insult their rivals and deprive collectors of what has become an important tool to them. Again, I do not have any problem with NGC going all NGC. Its how they did it, they did it so late in the game, and why. This action was clearly a slap in the face to collectors while trying to take a cheap shot at “other” grading services (I am not going into the grading issues today-that one day will be one hell of a Hot Topics).

Back to the Registry issue. Folks the Registries are NOT why you collect. You collect coins for their history, beauty, quality, etc. Not to see where you rank in some rat race. I get disgusted when I see collectors who strive to be on top only ending up with over graded poor coins. Do NOT live your collecting life for a Registry. Recently I completed an amazing 20th Century set of gold. If it were to be ranked, the $20 Saints would be #2.  My customer was not in it for the game. He loves coins as much as anyone. His sets are worth no less because they are not registered. I have NOT urged him to post his sets either.

I laughed when I saw one person crowing how much they feel betrayed by NGC for disallowing “other” brands yada yada. Dude, how the hell did you collect BEFORE registries? I can’t believe how people are upset about all this. Please get a grip. Salzberg has every right to do that-just his reasoning was poor.  There are more important issues out there to be upset about-coin doctoring is making a small come back, we’re in a choppy to weaker market, our biggest organization The ANA is seriously floundering (they should be the ones to sponsor a Registry), etc. Today, there are things called spread sheets or you can use an old fashioned pad and pen to keep track of your coins. People, start thinking more clearly, there was a time when no Registries existed (OMG-yes I am that old)!

Any comments please email me: lsperber1@hotmail.com

REGISTRY RIOT

THINK RATIONAL PEOPLE! 

First, let me state I have NEVER been a fan of the Set Registries. I do see they can do some good and are good for record keeping, but I happen to see a lot of negatives. Further, I want to make it clear I do NOT like or support Mark Salzberg of NGC. However, I do fully agree with him banning “other” grading services from NGC Registries, HOWEVER (another big HOWEVER) what he said and his reasoning for the action were childish to the nth degree.

In the beginning when PCGS started its Registry it was all PCGS. I thought it was crude but later I realized PCGS has a right to include ONLY PCGS coins. Its their Registry, it is all about the PCGS product.  NGC acted like it was taking the high road and decided to include ALL services in its Registry (at the time I believe their action was more an in your face to PCGS). That was a huge mistake, they should have stayed all NGC in the beginning. So now, years later, they decide to insult their rivals and deprive collectors of what has become an important tool to them. Again, I do not have any problem with NGC going all NGC. Its how they did it, they did it so late in the game, and why. This action was clearly a slap in the face to collectors while trying to take a cheap shot at “other” grading services (I am not going into the grading issues today-that one day will be one hell of a Hot Topics).

Back to the Registry issue. Folks the Registries are NOT why you collect. You collect coins for their history, beauty, quality, etc. Not to see where you rank in some rat race. I get disgusted when I see collectors who strive to be on top only ending up with over graded poor coins. Do NOT live your collecting life for a Registry. Recently I completed an amazing 20th Century set of gold. If it were to be ranked, the $20 Saints would be #2.  My customer was not in it for the game. He loves coins as much as anyone. His sets are worth no less because they are not registered. I have NOT urged him to post his sets either.

I laughed when I saw one person crowing how much they feel betrayed by NGC for disallowing “other” brands yada yada. Dude, how the hell did you collect BEFORE registries? I can’t believe how people are upset about all this. Please get a grip. Salzberg has every right to do that-just his reasoning was poor.  There are more important issues out there to be upset about-coin doctoring is making a small come back, we’re in a choppy to weaker market, our biggest organization The ANA is seriously floundering (they should be the ones to sponsor a Registry), etc. Today, there are things called spread sheets or you can use an old fashioned pad and pen to keep track of your coins. People, start thinking more clearly, there was a time when no Registries existed (OMG-yes I am that old)!

She clearly misses the point about the education and sharing component of the registries -- and why many of us preferred the inclusivity of the NGC registry. Doesn't surprise me. Her comment "there are things called spreadsheets" makes it clear that she's a dealer, and only a dealer. All she cares about is the bottom line. Coins are just a means for her to make money, not a hobby or things to be studied for their history and numismatic value.

Also, I find it VERY ironic that Sperber is the one posting an opinion on this at all since:

1) She deals in a PCGS/CAC only world. She couldn't give two "spits" about NGC on any front.

2) She deals in those "registry quality" overgraded or overhyped (particularly toned) coins -- and they are a huge proportion of her business. If it weren't for the registries she'd probably be working at McDonald's.

3) There are many "Legend" named or other "Legend built" collections that she constantly brags about being the #1 registry sets of all time. If the registries are not important, then why does she use them as a bragging point?

:facepalm:

REGISTRY RIOT

THINK RATIONAL PEOPLE! 

I agree with your premise that we collect coins for historical background and for me its the eye appeal. What puzzles me is why you sell mostly if not almost exclusively PCGS coins. In a market where diverse offerings include both NGC and PCGS coins it seems to me that you may be missing a substantial part of the numismatic pie. I've seen some really cool proof Walkers that you have offered but waited too long to act on. Regardless of grading service I like the coin more than the holder. And if you can't tell... my interests are not registry oriented. I do buy PCGS coins but try to crossover to NGC because I prefer the way my coins show in NGC holders. Maybe someday I'll figure it all out. For now I will look forward to market adjustments that can only enhance my modest collection of carefully picked rare gems.

I'm sure that every one of your engineering concerns is solvable. I don't have the programming experience to solve it, but I'm sure someone could. One big concern everyone would have is - why do you allow TPG X into your registry but not Y or Z? Well, you could answer that question by limiting it to TPGs that have an online cert verification (NGC, PCGS, ANACS, are there any others? Does ICG?) I'll bet you could program a bot to lookup and verify the cert numbers.

As for the sets - the number of specialized sets is ridiculous. There are dozens of different sets for some series, with a dizzying permutation of minor varieties. I'd start with the RedBook sets, build the site, gain a following, and then work on expansion. I'd also start with US only to begin with, and expand to popular world series later. You can't jump in with everything - the NGC registry has been adding hundreds of new sets a year for 15 years.

For scoring, there are several options. I don't know that NGC's point system is the best. Just using the straight grade (as PCGS used to do) isn't the best either.... maybe use the value? (just the first idea that popped in my head). That accounts for rarity (more or less), and is easily obtained from several websites (again, a programmer should be able to do that). You'd have to license the data, of course.

Even if you only start with custom sets, building the user base (and getting ad revenue to finance further operations) is a start. Your domain name is a huge plus.

The competitive sets are truly almost impossible in a "no staff" and "no budget" framework.

And, the engineering and technical problems are not inconsequential. Alan and I have been talking about this in depth, and it is a big deal that the certification numbers cannot be systematically checked via the PCGS and NGC website tools (as Alan said, there is no API).

There are ways to "scour" the internet, and look up information (a "bot" as you called it). But, at NGC in particular, they have added Captcha type verification to their certification lookup -- if you try to look up more than a couple numbers from a given IP or web session within a short amount of time, you have to verify you're a human. PCGS may block your IP if you start systematically looking up hundreds of coins on their website as well.

You can't just say "I'm sure every one of your engineering concerns is solvable" -- unless you have actually thought about them and if you understand them.

There is also no way to police that a person adding a coin to their set actually owns the coin. That's a problem if things are "competitive" and all of the complaining that goes on here about adding coins, fixing points, yadda, yadda -- it starts to become overwhelming very quickly. Take a quick glance at the "NGC Registry" sub-forum here, and you'll see the kinds of meaningless complaining about all kinds of little things -- the points don't make sense, the sets don't have this variety, the requests for completely obscure and menial sub-sets so everyone can be #1 at something...and on, and on.

Is it achievable? Maybe. But, it will require some competent doers (like Alan), not just people with opinions. Actually doing something is quite different from talking about doing it.

I am a collector who felt "betrayed" by NGC's decision. It has nothing to do with keeping records about my collection. I have a spreadsheet and photos with that information plus, I believe, you can still post coins of all types, raw or certified, on the NGC inventory function, unless NGC has ended that option along with the registry posting. As a collector, I was building my collection for over 40 years before I got involved with the registry.

I find it ironic that Legend would even be commenting on this issue, let alone slamming those who have commented on it. On a retail basis Legend has refused to market NGC graded coins, even those that have received CAC approval. They will accept NGC coins in their auctions, but not for their retail sales operations. So far as Legend is concerned, whatever NGC is doing has little to do with their business plan.

I feel the betrayal because I have done what I could to defend the NGC product through the years against the "PCGS only" attitude that many collectors espouse. NGC took its action with no consultation from its customers and stakeholders, and for that reason I shall never again defend the NGC product against its critics.

The competitive sets are truly almost impossible in a "no staff" and "no budget" framework.

And, the engineering and technical problems are not inconsequential. Alan and I have been talking about this in depth, and it is a big deal that the certification numbers cannot be systematically checked via the PCGS and NGC website tools (as Alan said, there is no API).

There are ways to "scour" the internet, and look up information (a "bot" as you called it). But, at NGC in particular, they have added Captcha type verification to their certification lookup -- if you try to look up more than a couple numbers from a given IP or web session within a short amount of time, you have to verify you're a human. PCGS may block your IP if you start systematically looking up hundreds of coins on their website as well.

You can't just say "I'm sure every one of your engineering concerns is solvable" -- unless you have actually thought about them and if you understand them.

There is also no way to police that a person adding a coin to their set actually owns the coin. That's a problem if things are "competitive" and all of the complaining that goes on here about adding coins, fixing points, yadda, yadda -- it starts to become overwhelming very quickly. Take a quick glance at the "NGC Registry" sub-forum here, and you'll see the kinds of meaningless complaining about all kinds of little things -- the points don't make sense, the sets don't have this variety, the requests for completely obscure and menial sub-sets so everyone can be #1 at something...and on, and on.

Is it achievable? Maybe. But, it will require some competent doers (like Alan), not just people with opinions. Actually doing something is quite different from talking about doing it.

NGC always manually checks the PCGS certs anyway, which suggests that there probably isn't a way to automate it efficiently with a small allocation of resources. As a multi-million dollar corporation with plenty of programmers (or that could hire a number of them), it says a lot that they hadn't found a way to automate it. Assuming someone is able to create a work around, it would likely take several days/weeks, and it's difficult to imagine someone doing that for free. I also don't see such a site taking off if it requires a membership fee, etc.

Edited by coinman_23885

I agree that participating in competitive registry sets is not the reason to collect coins. You collect coins for the beauty of the hobby. But, competitive registry sets enhance the enjoyment of collecting coins for some collectors and is an incentive or attraction to others. Collectors have the option to participate in the registries. They are not mandatory. But, for those who do use the registry, the ANA is the perfect solution for providing a registry where collectors may list either their PCGS or NGC coins.. The most important statement in the Legends article reiterates my main point: the ANA represents the numismatic community and they have the resources and responsibilities to provide their members with a registry set for all graded coins. The ANA is our society and we should lobby their board to develop and maintain a registry set for their members. If they refuse then we should "drain the swamp."

I believe the ANA has an election coming up in 2017. You might want to run for one of the Board of Governors slots. Nowadays, it might not even require any experience.

It is necessary to have a national organization such as the ANA to establish and maintain a registry in order for the registry to have credibility. This will allow the registry to get a foothold. The ANA or like organization has the means to maintain and promote such a registry nationally. A small group of people would have little chance to gain the national exposure needed to establish the necessary credibility required for a registry to be accepted by collectors.

As for the previous comment, you have no idea what my resume is, what boards I have sat on, and organizations that I have led. So do not assume I am unqualified.

"So do not assume I am unqualified."

I made no assumptions. As you say, I do not know your qualifications. I was simply covering all possibilities, so as not to assume you were qualified.

I believe the ANA has an election coming up in 2017. You might want to run for one of the Board of Governors slots. Nowadays, it might not even require any experience.

What ever happened to civility here? :sorry:

What ever happened to civility here? :sorry:

I think the exchange was a civil one. It was a simple misunderstanding. There was no name calling. It concluded amiably.

"The ANA is our society and we should lobby their board to develop and maintain a registry set for their members. If they refuse then we should "drain the swamp.""

I offered an alternate means to serve this end. My intent was to be helpful.

The registry has really kept me focused on my two main collecting interests, Type coins and Morgans. Although I haven't a chance of ever being at the top, it feels good to fill in a hole and see my numbers going up.

I have always been very picky on both price an quality so I look at a LOT of coins before buying one.If I limit myself to either the PCGS OR NGC registry, I will be looking a whole lot longer for the perfect coins. I have always looked at both but bypassed ANACS and ICG since NGC didn't allow them. I have 90 coins in my two sets of which 48 are NGC and 42 are PCGS.

A lot of the coins were cheap so wouldn't be worth crossing over but the Morgans (even though some were less than $100) would still be tough to find as picky as I have been. If I go with NGC, I would probably need to crossover about 24 coins, if I go with PCGS, it would be about 26.

I am thinking of the PCGS option since they do consistently sell for more (from what I have read, not personal experience). At least that way I could get some of my crossover fees back. Anything else I should be thinking of? Would also have to buy all new boxes to hold them since I have NGC silver slab boxes.

The registry has really kept me focused on my two main collecting interests, Type coins and Morgans. Although I haven't a chance of ever being at the top, it feels good to fill in a hole and see my numbers going up.

I have always been very picky on both price an quality so I look at a LOT of coins before buying one.If I limit myself to either the PCGS OR NGC registry, I will be looking a whole lot longer for the perfect coins. I have always looked at both but bypassed ANACS and ICG since NGC didn't allow them. I have 90 coins in my two sets of which 48 are NGC and 42 are PCGS.

A lot of the coins were cheap so wouldn't be worth crossing over but the Morgans (even though some were less than $100) would still be tough to find as picky as I have been. If I go with NGC, I would probably need to crossover about 24 coins, if I go with PCGS, it would be about 26.

I am thinking of the PCGS option since they do consistently sell for more (from what I have read, not personal experience). At least that way I could get some of my crossover fees back. Anything else I should be thinking of? Would also have to buy all new boxes to hold them since I have NGC silver slab boxes.

You could always start a PCGS registry set/sets with your PCGS housed coins and continue to build your NGC registry set/sets with your NGC housed coins. It sounds like you enjoy the process of building registry sets, so perhaps this is an option you should consider.

For the same graded coin, NGC should provide bonus points for an NGC coin vs. a PCGS in the same grade, if they are going to continue to allow grandfathered coins to remain. Also, there is a difference between a FB vs. FT coin. Again, worth more points.

Seems only fair for those of us who have only NGC coins in our sets. Some of us have striven to maintain the NGC standard...I think that is worth something!!!!!!

Hey NGC, are you listening????????

Edited by Lablover

For the same graded coin, NGC should provide bonus points for an NGC coin vs. a PCGS in the same grade, if they are going to continue to allow grandfathered coins to remain. Also, there is a difference between a FB vs. FT coin. Again, worth more points.

Seems only fair for those of us who have only NGC coins in our sets. Some of us have striven to maintain the NGC standard...I think that is worth something!!!!!!

If NGC’s goal is to purge PCGS housed coins from their registries, your proposal would certainly help to facilitate that end.

If NGC’s goal is to purge PCGS housed coins from their registries, your proposal would certainly help to facilitate that end.

I promise you, the "final goal" of NGC is to remove all PCGS coins from sets, even those grandfathered. The grandfathering scheme is simply not sustainable (not to mention, it makes basically ZERO sense).

Perhaps NGC’s intention was to mitigate as much of the inconvenience created by this transition as possible by attempting to ease it into place. The uproar, in all likelihood, would have been much more intense had they not employed the “grandfathering scheme”.

Many of these remaining PCGS housed coins may be voluntarily removed from the registries as a result of the transition itself, making the remainder that are purged by directive less of a problem.

I promise you, the "final goal" of NGC is to remove all PCGS coins from sets, even those grandfathered. The grandfathering scheme is simply not sustainable (not to mention, it makes basically ZERO sense).

You're right that it is probably easier to work up to the final goal incrementally and perhaps dull some of the criticism. I wonder how long the PCGS coins will remain?

You're right that it is probably easier to work up to the final goal incrementally and perhaps dull some of the criticism. I wonder how long the PCGS coins will remain?

Well, when the World NGC sets went "NGC-only" in January of 2012 many of us stated that it would not be long before they did the same for the USA sets. At the time, NGC definitively (vehemently) stated there were no plans to do as much. Here we are 4.5 years later, and they have now made the USA sets NGC-only starting Jan 2017, with grandfathered PCGS coins.

I figure maybe within another 4-5 years, they'll just exclude PCGS graded coins all together. They don't seem to care about the backlash of their non-inclusive decisions. NGC had set itself apart from PCGS as the more open minded and accepting (i.e., realistic) company that realized coins in the two brands of holders are roughly similarly graded. Someone "on-high" got it in their head that NGC should adopt the same exclusive mentality as PCGS, so it is now done.

Companies often don't care when decisions made in board meetings by "big-wigs" don't translate well to what their users and customers actually want or need. We're all little fish compared to the big bulk submitters like ModernConiMart and others. If they want their grading and business model to become known as the "#1 graders of modern bullion" then so be it.

Alea iacta est.

(shrug)

I worked very hard to get some very difficult sets 100% complete. These include ALL of the U.S. type coins from the half cent to the Anthony and Sakie dollars, ALL of the U.S. gold coins coins from 1795 to 1933 and All of the U.S. commemorative type coins from the Columbian half dollar, through the 11 gold set (Both Pan-Pac $50 gold coins, including one in an NGC holder) through to the Iowa commemorative half dollar.

IF NGC pulls all of the PCGS coins out my sets, thus making them incomplete, I will not spend another dime directly with NGC. I will only buy coins in their slabs if the coin works for me.