• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Susan B. Anthony's

43 posts in this topic

Actually, I'm not brown-nosing. I actually like the coins or I wouldn't say it. What I don't like is your bible-thumping trolling garbage. And that is the last thing I am every going to say to you.

What you care not for should not be forthcoming in a derogatory manner nor predicated upon delusion. Do not forget to add me to your 'ignore' list which you have not administered to as yet.

FYI I assumed that synoptic and Mr Knowitall were the same poster. Outside of the bible thumping the syntax both articulate are eerily similar. I'm sure it's just my imagination.

mark

What would be the purpose of creating an alt for an active member? Pure mischief doesn't seem to fit John very well. There is usually a straightforward reason for his posts even though some members apparently don't like the style.

Don't ask me to make sense of it or what motivates some people. Maybe attention. Some love being disruptive. Some get off on making their narrative gospel. Anyways above my pay scale to figure this stuff out.

mark

FYI I assumed that synoptic and Mr Knowitall were the same poster. Outside of the bible thumping the syntax both articulate are eerily similar. I'm sure it's just my imagination.

mark

What would be the purpose of creating an alt for an active member? Pure mischief doesn't seem to fit John very well. There is usually a straightforward reason for his posts even though some members apparently don't like the style.

Don't ask me to make sense of it or what motivates some people. Maybe attention. Some love being disruptive. Some get off on making their narrative gospel. Anyways above my pay scale to figure this stuff out.

mark

We have no money.

mark

mark

We have no money.

We don't care

mark

SBA dollars have had a bad "reputation" among coin collectors since the moment the design was announced. At the time, my personal thoughts were: 1) ugly portrait that was supposed to represent the beautiful concept of "Liberty;" and, 2) reuse of the bland, trite and just plain awful eagle/moon reverse showed there was no artistic interest at the Treasury Dept.

As with the early Ikes, I looked through bags of these things and pulled out a few "keepers," but nothing really outstanding. (Today, those are called MS-66 or MS-67 by some...just not me.) Mostly, I got copper and nickel dust ground into my fingers.

Anyone who can assemble a nice looking set of these should be commended! It's more difficult to do than might be expected.

[That is "our" opinion and "we" shall adhere to it in dogmatic intransigence.] ;)

SBA dollars have had a bad "reputation" among coin collectors since the moment the design was announced. At the time, my personal thoughts were: 1) ugly portrait that was supposed to represent the beautiful concept of "Liberty;" and, 2) reuse of the bland, trite and just plain awful eagle/moon reverse showed there was no artistic interest at the Treasury Dept.

As with the early Ikes, I looked through bags of these things and pulled out a few "keepers," but nothing really outstanding. (Today, those are called MS-66 or MS-67 by some...just not me.) Mostly, I got copper and nickel dust ground into my fingers.

Anyone who can assemble a nice looking set of these should be commended! It's more difficult to do than might be expected.

[That is "our" opinion and "we" shall adhere to it in dogmatic intransigence.] ;)

That is so true Roger. I'd actually say that applies to any of the clad coinage until you get to the point where the Mint started making Mint Set coins that are essentially non-reflective proofs. Many collectors do not realize the challenge of many modern issue in high grade. I can't tell you how many coins I look through when sending things off for my little resale venture.......there's a lot of rejects on the way to getting anything worth grading and selling. Lots of poor strikes, bag marks and other nasty things.

mark

mark

We have no money.

We don't care

mark

Damn it! You beat me to it. lol

Back to the OP: Those are terrific....keep it up! Robec's are wonderful too...love the rainbow. Must be from a Dansco.

jom

The nice thing about the SBA reverse is that you can see the alien base on the Moon just above the O in ONE and to the left of the lower right wing tip. hm

But agree with jom, nice images of nice SBA's posted. (thumbs u

Best, HT

And keeping in subject to the OP's thread, nice sba's Sy. After our move here to S. Tx. last year, all of my coins have been in storage. I packed them best I could. Among all my danscos, I also have one that is the sba's. I'm curious as to seeing what these may look like when I am finally able to unpack and check all the albums out. I would love to see my sba's look as good as yours. lol