• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick's US Coins

37 posts in this topic

$205 + postage and without the meaningless paper label is entirely fair....even with a 20% markup, it's still reasonable. Paying some inflated price for a piece of paper, and one that is only an "opinion" with no financial backing, is simply a foolish thing to do.....But - then I'm usually wrong on such matters, according to the majority of posters. :)

Rick made money off of me .. Good for him... How many dealers Have I made money off of... A FART TON more...

I learned a Fart Ton from Rick and used it to make a fart ton from others...

Rick is this months Fart Ton Hero.

I have purchased some stunning high end cameos from R & I over the years and have returned the few I didn't like. Like other reputable dealers he sold some material on consignment for me and for that I am thankful. Be aware that eye appeal doesn't come cheap and just know what real eye appeal is before purchasing. Better yet buy the book first !

On 9/24/2016 at 10:19 AM, numisport said:

Yes I've been 'buried' on a few of these coins. However some of them regrade a point higher and or get a Star designation. I'm not looking for 'good deals' that some are looking for just to turn a profit. Their collections are blah blah collections that sell for blah blah money at auction. Premium coins should sell for premium money. Buyers need to have the eye for high end material and put their money where their passion is.

Done business with him for years and never an issue. 100% compensated if I return a coin to him...he has always kept his word, with me. Some from 2004, 2006 upgrade and/or star also...I remember when he used to get alot of these coins from a dealer in Texas...anyway, he's had some real tougher high end pieces over the years, I was in the group of dealers telling him to knock that TV OFF cuz it would turn people off, even though some said he did that cuz the well ran dry on alot of Franklin's and Registry he placed in long term collectors hands...

On 10/5/2018 at 6:25 PM, numisport said:

I have purchased some stunning high end cameos from R & I over the years and have returned the few I didn't like. Like other reputable dealers he sold some material on consignment for me and for that I am thankful. Be aware that eye appeal doesn't come cheap and just know what real eye appeal is before purchasing. Better yet buy the book first !

More than once when I thought I over payed but didn't return, he'd call a month or two, even longer and ask about it...always with a higher offer $$$ and a couple times I almost spilled my Basil Hayden...I know sometimes things can get weird but I truthfully am Thankful for meeting him before a couple of his books came out...

His show offers some education, and sometimes interesting facts.  As far as pricing, it's simple to instantly compare on Ebay, and from what I have seen, his prices are crazy high.  Also, from time to time you can see either from his commentary or the price sheets he holds up, many of the episodes are reruns from several years ago, when for the most part prices were significantly higher.  I don't believe the lousy spotted flat pack proofs he shows of examples of "typical proof sets" really are "typical", I suspect he searches for the worst ones he can find and just calls them "typical".   I have hundreds of flat pack proof sets, and not a single one of them has any bad looking coins  I have a couple of his books, but aside from pretty pictures, I haven't found them particularly useful.  That's my opinion.