• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1939-S Jefferson Reverse of 1940 in MS-67 posted by James G. Berline

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Reverse of 1940 just doesn't measure up in quality like the Reverse of 1938 does. Most in this type were worn and just didn't show eye appeal.

It's been quite sometime since my last post but I had to show this beautiful coin. This was haunting me for years trying to find one in this grade.

I never actually thought I'd come across a 1939-S Reverse of 40' in MS-67, what makes this particular coin special to me is the quality and luster presented here, really tough to find like this,photos will show you this reverse of 1940 stunning piece.

B. Nagengast

These coins are not as nice as the reverse of 1938' often seen with off-luster and

weak strikes-Gem coins are quite rare.

Ron Guth

As a date, the 1939-S is attractive because of its low mintage. The Reverse of 1940 is even more attractive because, compared to the Reverse of 1938, the former is almost

ten times as rare as the latter. The typical grade for this variety is MS65, and the

finest example certified by PCGS is a single MS67.

As of Sept 2016'

PCGS POP Total Certified 221 / MS-67 (1)

NGC POP Total Certified 94 / (4) in MS-67 with (1) MS67-FS!

17649.jpg

See more journals by James G. Berline