• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS THERE A PROBLEM SENDING COINS FROM OUTSIDE THE USA? by CaptBrian1

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Canadian border guards stop coin returns.

A friend of ours in Canada needs our help. Every time he sends a coin for grading from Canada to Sarasota, the border guards give him so much grief in proving the coin he is receiving back is the one he sent. It is creating so much trouble, he no longer sends coins for verification.

I think this should be clarified and there must be a method so that this friend of ours can send coins to NGC without problem.

Does anyone know what do to?

Capt. Brian

17620.jpg

See more journals by CaptBrian1

Been doing this for 10 years (Toronto to Sarasota and back) and have only ever had 1 problem with about 100 submissions. I think every once in awhile you get an overzealous kid hired at the border that feels the need to open every package and apply duties/taxes to it.

On that note, your friend can always file a customs tax appeal and get his money back. The other thing to do is keep the declared value low and ship using overnight or 3-day shipping with a tracking number.

On that note, your friend can always file a customs tax appeal and get his money back. The other thing to do is keep the declared value low and ship using overnight or 3-day shipping with a tracking number.

There is a great idea. I have never had a problem but then I always ship into other countries ( other than U.S.A. ) --- not out of. :grin: