Request a new slot here!
11 11

297 posts in this topic

1,381 posts
1 hour ago, Wenzel von Gelnhausen said:

hello ali,

thanks for your reply.

my second request was about Sovereigns Type Set, George III - Elizabeth II, Proof Issue. 

Hello.

In this category and set: Great Britain - Type Sets: Sovereigns Type Set, George III - Elizabeth II, Proof Issue, there is a slot for all Elizabeth proof sovereigns from 1998-date: Elizabeth II, Mature Bust, Tiara, 1998-Date. If you need assistance, you may also reach us at registry@ngccoin.com. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Ali E. said:

Hello.

In this category and set: Great Britain - Type Sets: Sovereigns Type Set, George III - Elizabeth II, Proof Issue, there is a slot for all Elizabeth proof sovereigns from 1998-date: Elizabeth II, Mature Bust, Tiara, 1998-Date. If you need assistance, you may also reach us at registry@ngccoin.com. Thank you.

Hello,

2015 ended the series with a portrait by Ian Rank-Broadley and there was a change to a new portrait by Jody Clark for which there should be a new slot. Many thanks for your time (and patience with me)!

Viele Grüße

1,381 posts
51 minutes ago, Wenzel von Gelnhausen said:

Hello,

2015 ended the series with a portrait by Ian Rank-Broadley and there was a change to a new portrait by Jody Clark for which there should be a new slot. Many thanks for your time (and patience with me)!

Viele Grüße

Thank you for the information, Wenzel.

We have added the new slot. Bitte.

68 posts

Please create 2 new slots in the Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-Date, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) set

For the 1994 S5Y varieties  Frosted Gap and Mirrored Gap

1994 China S5Y Panda Frosted Gap             Coin 4318789-021 is in process of being graded

1994 China S5Y Panda Mirrored Gap           Coin  3937619-077 is in process of being graded

Thank you

Leon

1,381 posts
3 hours ago, CT1041 said:

Please create 2 new slots in the Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-Date, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) set

For the 1994 S5Y varieties  Frosted Gap and Mirrored Gap

1994 China S5Y Panda Frosted Gap             Coin 4318789-021 is in process of being graded

1994 China S5Y Panda Mirrored Gap           Coin  3937619-077 is in process of being graded

Thank you

Leon

Hello, Leon.

Thank you for the requests. We will get these slots added shortly. Please let us know when we may assist with the NGC Registry in the future. 

440 posts
On 5/17/2019 at 7:33 PM, Davids5104 said:

A few things to add/modify in the Jefferson War Nickel with Varieties Competitive set

1.  Move the entry for 1945 P/P/P BEFORE the 1945-D

2.  Add 1943 D - FS-501

3.  Add 1944 D - FS-501

4.  Add 1945 D FS-101

5.  Add 1945 D FS-501

Thanks for adding this set

thanks again guys

1,381 posts
19 hours ago, Davids5104 said:

thanks again guys

Thanks for the requests, Davids5104.

Our senior US numismatistic team has determined that a separate slot will be added for the 1945 D DDO FS-101. The minor repunched mintmark varieties will not receive separate slots but will be eligible in the other "regular" slots. Thanks and please let us know when we may assist next.

440 posts
On 5/31/2019 at 7:22 AM, Ali E. said:

Thanks for the requests, Davids5104.

Our senior US numismatistic team has determined that a separate slot will be added for the 1945 D DDO FS-101. The minor repunched mintmark varieties will not receive separate slots but will be eligible in the other "regular" slots. Thanks and please let us know when we may assist next.

thanks Ali for the clarification.  Those entries are all found in cherry-pickers which is why I have interest in those.  Many collectors including myself use cherry pickers as a variety source; I do not know if that is good enough as a reason to include, but I would love it

1,381 posts
On 6/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Davids5104 said:

thanks Ali for the clarification.  Those entries are all found in cherry-pickers which is why I have interest in those.  Many collectors including myself use cherry pickers as a variety source; I do not know if that is good enough as a reason to include, but I would love it

Thank you for the feedback, Davids5104.

We have not graded many of these varieties, and our senior team feels that the repunched MM varieties are not significant enough to qualify for separate slots. You may create a Custom Registry set on collectors-society.com, if you wish. 

68 posts

Please create a new slot in the Silver 10Y Panda Commemoratives, 1991-Date, Mint State and Proof  set for the new commemorative S10Y Panda

2019 China Panda-World Stamp Expo

My  serial number for reference - 4894952-002

Thank you

Leon Konikowski

1,381 posts
24 minutes ago, CT1041 said:

Please create a new slot in the Silver 10Y Panda Commemoratives, 1991-Date, Mint State and Proof  set for the new commemorative S10Y Panda

2019 China Panda-World Stamp Expo

My  serial number for reference - 4894952-002

Thank you

Leon Konikowski

Hello and thank you for the slot request, Leon.

We will get that slot added soon.

47 posts

Could you please add a new slot in the Great Britain Silver Five Pounds, Commemorative, Elizabeth II, 1990-Date, Proof set, 2017 Remembrance Day - Colorized.

Thank you,

Bob

1,381 posts
On 6/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, bigmarty 58 said:

Could you please add a new slot in the Great Britain Silver Five Pounds, Commemorative, Elizabeth II, 1990-Date, Proof set, 2017 Remembrance Day - Colorized.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks for the request, Bob.

We will get that slot added. 

69 posts

To the set:

Please add eligible coins to these slots:

SLOT: 1C LINCOLN SHIELD REVERSE (2010-DATE)
ADD: All 2017-2019 proof and non-proof issues

SLOT: 5C JEFFERSON, RETURN TO MONTICELLO (2006-DATE)

SLOT: 10C ROOSEVELT, CLAD (2000-DATE)

SLOT: 25C AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, CLAD (2010-DATE)
ADD: All 2017 & 2019 proof and non-proof issues

SLOT: 25C AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, SILVER (2010-DATE)
ADD: All 2015, 2018-2019 proof issues

SLOT: 50C KENNEDY, COPPER-NICKEL-CLAD (2000-DATE)
ADD: All 2016-2019 proof and non-proof issues

SLOT: 50C KENNEDY, SILVER (2000-DATE)
ADD: All 2015-2019 proof issues
ADD: Missing 2014 High Relief Issues (e.g. P, D, S, W, non-First/Early Releases)

SLOT: $1 SACAGAWEA, NATIVE AMERICAN (2009-DATE)
ADD: All 2018-2019 proof and non-proof issues

I'm sure there are others missing as well. In many cases there are only FIRST/EARLY RELEASES and missing the regular release. Example: 2014-S 10c PF UC. Someone should double check all of the slots since 2013.

Thank you.

1,381 posts
23 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

To the set:

Please add eligible coins to these slots:

SLOT: 1C LINCOLN SHIELD REVERSE (2010-DATE)

SLOT: 5C JEFFERSON, RETURN TO MONTICELLO (2006-DATE)

SLOT: 10C ROOSEVELT, CLAD (2000-DATE)

SLOT: 25C AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, CLAD (2010-DATE)
ADD: All 2017 & 2019 proof and non-proof issues

SLOT: 25C AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, SILVER (2010-DATE)
ADD: All 2015, 2018-2019 proof issues

SLOT: 50C KENNEDY, COPPER-NICKEL-CLAD (2000-DATE)
ADD: All 2016-2019 proof and non-proof issues

SLOT: 50C KENNEDY, SILVER (2000-DATE)
ADD: All 2015-2019 proof issues
ADD: Missing 2014 High Relief Issues (e.g. P, D, S, W, non-First/Early Releases)

SLOT: $1 SACAGAWEA, NATIVE AMERICAN (2009-DATE)
ADD: All 2018-2019 proof and non-proof issues

I'm sure there are others missing as well. In many cases there are only FIRST/EARLY RELEASES and missing the regular release. Example: 2014-S 10c PF UC. Someone should double check all of the slots since 2013.

Thank you.

Hello, BlakeEik.

Thank you for the request. We will send directions on how to add a coin when no scores are shown to the email we have on file for you.

69 posts

Thank you for sending the the instructions. They worked for most cases. 

I got an email rejecting two requests

Admin Comments: **** YOUR LABEL MUST STATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SET. THANK YOU ****

My question is why?  I bought the set and submitted the coins myself. I did not choose what the holder says or does not say. The burnished and proof versions are EXACTLY THE SAME COINS as the ones that did not come with the set. Why does the holder have to say that?  And if it is necessary please explain why and tell me how do I get my holder changed?

1,381 posts
15 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

Thank you for sending the the instructions. They worked for most cases. 

I got an email rejecting two requests

Admin Comments: **** YOUR LABEL MUST STATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SET. THANK YOU ****

My question is why?  I bought the set and submitted the coins myself. I did not choose what the holder says or does not say. The burnished and proof versions are EXACTLY THE SAME COINS as the ones that did not come with the set. Why does the holder have to say that?  And if it is necessary please explain why and tell me how do I get my holder changed?

Hello, BlakeEik.

Thanks for the inquiry. In order for a coin to be eligible in a variety slot in an NGC Registry set, your label must have the variety printed on the label, such as a "2006 W 20TH ANNIVERSARY SET BURNISHED" Silver Eagle slot. If you need assistance learning where your coins are eligible in a set, please send your certification numbers to registry@ngccoin.com. We are happy to assist. For labeling questions, please contact Customer Service at service@ngccoin.com or at 1-800-6242-2646. Thank you. 

69 posts

If everyone agrees that it is the exact same coin, why does it matter what the label says? I do not understand.

69 posts
1 hour ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, BlakeEik.

Thanks for the inquiry. In order for a coin to be eligible in a variety slot in an NGC Registry set, your label must have the variety printed on the label, such as a "2006 W 20TH ANNIVERSARY SET BURNISHED" Silver Eagle slot. If you need assistance learning where your coins are eligible in a set, please send your certification numbers to registry@ngccoin.com. We are happy to assist. For labeling questions, please contact Customer Service at service@ngccoin.com or at 1-800-6242-2646. Thank you. 

How can you tell my looking at a set if your holder has to have a particular label in order to be eligible, or if the coin itself just needs to be eligible?  I do not see any indication of that.

1,381 posts
13 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

How can you tell my looking at a set if your holder has to have a particular label in order to be eligible, or if the coin itself just needs to be eligible?  I do not see any indication of that.

Hello.

If it is a slot name with a specific variety, such as the one I listed above, then the variety needs to be printed on the label of a coin in order to be eligible for that slot. Also, type sets differ from date sets.  Please send us your certification numbers and what set you are working on, and we would be happy to assist. Thank you.

69 posts

The slot I’m referring to says “2006 W S$1 MS Burnished” and does not refer to Anniversary set. The only reference to Anniversary Set is in the list of eligible coins (which is what I’m trying to correct) and the name of the set. 

And as far as the name of the set goes, look at other Anniversary sets such as 2016. It includes coins without reference to “Anniversary Set” on the label. And there are other sets that do this too. In fact, it’s hard to find other examples in the registry where label, not the coin, has to be a certain type.

So what ever NGC decides it should be consistent. 

1,381 posts
57 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

The slot I’m referring to says “2006 W S$1 MS Burnished” and does not refer to Anniversary set. The only reference to Anniversary Set is in the list of eligible coins (which is what I’m trying to correct) and the name of the set. 

And as far as the name of the set goes, look at other Anniversary sets such as 2016. It includes coins without reference to “Anniversary Set” on the label. And there are other sets that do this too. In fact, it’s hard to find other examples in the registry where label, not the coin, has to be a certain type.

So what ever NGC decides it should be consistent. 

An NGC Registry set type with a slot name of 2006 W Burnished, for example, would allow coins that say 2006 W Burnished on the label.

Any NGC Registry set type listed under the Anniversary Eagle Set subcategory require coins that say Anniversary on the label. Coins that do not say Anniversary on the label are available in many other Eagle sets. In this set type: American Eagles & Bullion Coins: 2016 30th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set, a coin must say 30th Anniversary on the label to be eligible. Please check your email account; we have sent you some emails with directions on this topic; we are happy to assist. Thank you.

Edited by Ali E.

69 posts

I followed the instructions in the email. The more I correspond via email with your registry people, the more I question if there is really a plan or vision for the registry. It seems that decisions are being made inconsistently and spontaneously by “the guy behind the curtain.”  My criticism is meant only to be constructive.

Has such a plan or vision been posted? 

1,381 posts
5 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

I followed the instructions in the email. The more I correspond via email with your registry people, the more I question if there is really a plan or vision for the registry. It seems that decisions are being made inconsistently and spontaneously by “the guy behind the curtain.”  My criticism is meant only to be constructive.

Has such a plan or vision been posted? 

If you need help with certification numbers other than the ones Maribeth is discussing with you via email, please send them to us via email, so we may assist. Thank you.

47 posts

Ali,

In the Canada, Silver Dollars, 1935-1967, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set, for the year 1954 I request that a Short Water Lines slot be added.

Thank you,

Bob

1,381 posts
21 hours ago, bigmarty 58 said:

Ali,

In the Canada, Silver Dollars, 1935-1967, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set, for the year 1954 I request that a Short Water Lines slot be added.

Thank you,

Bob

We will get that slot added. Please let us know when we may assist next.

47 posts
9 hours ago, Ali E. said:

We will get that slot added. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Thank you!

440 posts

War Nickel set with Varieties..... Currently contains the varieties for the 1942 Type I nickel, but does not include the plain (non variety).  one for the 1942 Type I and one for the 1942-D type I

also please add the 1944 S/S VP-001