Request a new slot here!
11 11

290 posts in this topic

1,351 posts
12 hours ago, Davids5104 said:

War Nickel set with Varieties..... Currently contains the varieties for the 1942 Type I nickel, but does not include the plain (non variety).  one for the 1942 Type I and one for the 1942-D type I

also please add the 1944 S/S VP-001

Hello, Davids5104.

Thanks for the request. The mintage of 1942-D nickels was entirely of the pre-war composition, so it does not belong in the Wartime sets. The official wartime nickels from 1942-1945 had no nickel in the silver alloy composition. The 1944 S/S VP-001 is a re-punched mintmark that is too minor to require a separate slot. We will add the regular 1942 slot. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Edited by Ali E.

438 posts
12 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, Davids5104.

Thanks for the request. The mintage of 1942-D nickels was entirely of the pre-war composition, so it does not belong in the Wartime sets. The official wartime nickels from 1942-1945 had no nickel in the silver alloy composition. The 1944 S/S VP-001 is a re-punched mintmark that is too minor to require a separate slot. We will add the regular 1942 slot. Please let us know when we may assist next.

thanks so much for adding the coin!  I think you may be incorrect about the composition of the 1942 type I nickel.  it is a copper nickel alloy and does not contain any silver.  It has the same composition as the 1942-D which is also copper-nickel alloy.  The set should either include both the 1942 type I and its two varieties (that are currently listed) along with the 1942-D with its variety (FS-501) or neither of the type I versions of this set and it only include the Silver containing coins.  Thanks again for help regarding the 1944 as well

David

P.S.  I apologize if I am the one that is incorrect, but... I think I am onto somethin' :)

Edited by Davids5104

1,351 posts
On 8/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, Davids5104 said:

thanks so much for adding the coin!  I think you may be incorrect about the composition of the 1942 type I nickel.  it is a copper nickel alloy and does not contain any silver.  It has the same composition as the 1942-D which is also copper-nickel alloy.  The set should either include both the 1942 type I and its two varieties (that are currently listed) along with the 1942-D with its variety (FS-501) or neither of the type I versions of this set and it only include the Silver containing coins.  Thanks again for help regarding the 1944 as well

David

P.S.  I apologize if I am the one that is incorrect, but... I think I am onto somethin' :)

Hello, David.

Thank you for the feedback. The 1942 coins struck at Philadelphia do belong in the Wartime set and have slots available. The 1942-D is a different alloy. The Official Red Book, 2020 edition, by R.S. Yeoman, offers information on pages 138 and 139. Please let us know when we may assist next.

438 posts
8 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, David.

Thank you for the feedback. The 1942 coins struck at Philadelphia do belong in the Wartime set and have slots available. The 1942-D is a different alloy. The Official Red Book, 2020 edition, by R.S. Yeoman, offers information on pages 138 and 139. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Thanks again... There were two nickel coins struck at the philadelphia mint in 1942.  The type 1 and the type 2.  The 1942 type 1 does not have silver in the coin.  The 1942 type 2 does contain silver and has with it a large P that allows distinguishing between the type 1 and type 2.  When you purchase a war nickel set, it does NOT contain the 1942 P type 1 coin made of nickel and copper.  The 1942 type 1 is the same material as the 1942-D material (i.e. no silver in it).  The war nickels set should exclusively have silver in it.  So the type 1 which just got added should be eliminated along with it's two varieties OR the 1942-D should also be added along with its single important variety.  

thanks again

1,351 posts
15 hours ago, Davids5104 said:

Thanks again... There were two nickel coins struck at the philadelphia mint in 1942.  The type 1 and the type 2.  The 1942 type 1 does not have silver in the coin.  The 1942 type 2 does contain silver and has with it a large P that allows distinguishing between the type 1 and type 2.  When you purchase a war nickel set, it does NOT contain the 1942 P type 1 coin made of nickel and copper.  The 1942 type 1 is the same material as the 1942-D material (i.e. no silver in it).  The war nickels set should exclusively have silver in it.  So the type 1 which just got added should be eliminated along with it's two varieties OR the 1942-D should also be added along with its single important variety.  

thanks again

Thank you, David, for your interest and support.

Any necessary updates have been made to the Wartime variety set. Please email us at registry@ngccoin.com if we may assist further.

70 posts

Hi again Ali,

Just a small request, I promise.

Could you add the following slots:

- 2005 1/4oz G$10 MAPLE LEAF - M7 PRIVY

- 2007 1/4oz G$10 MAPLE LEAF - M7 PRIVY

to the following set:

Canada - Bullion - Gold Maple Leafs with Privy Marks

Examples of these coins include:

2835896-016

2835896-017

Thank you!  Josh

1,351 posts
11 hours ago, Augustus 70 said:

Hi again Ali,

Just a small request, I promise.

Could you add the following slots:

- 2005 1/4oz G$10 MAPLE LEAF - M7 PRIVY

- 2007 1/4oz G$10 MAPLE LEAF - M7 PRIVY

to the following set:

Canada - Bullion - Gold Maple Leafs with Privy Marks

Examples of these coins include:

2835896-016

2835896-017

Thank you!  Josh

Hi, Josh.

We will get those added. Thanks very much, and please let us know when we may assist next.

45 posts

Please note a mistake in the set https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-states/type-sets/889/.

In the "5c Jefferson" slot, you need to remove the coin eligibility for "UNITED STATES 1994 5c SP". It makes no sense being there.

But if you insist, they you need to add eligibility for "UNITED STATES 1997 5c SP". And the you need to add both coins to the other 20th Century Type Set - Non-proof Only with gold.

70 posts

Hi Ali,

I can not add the coin 2835896-017 (2007 Canada G$10 Maple M7 Privy) to my registry because it says “invalid certification number”.  Josh

EF018C1E-DCCE-46D5-A7A3-CCB758701B34.png

1,351 posts
58 minutes ago, Augustus 70 said:

Hi Ali,

I can not add the coin 2835896-017 (2007 Canada G$10 Maple M7 Privy) to my registry because it says “invalid certification number”.  Josh

EF018C1E-DCCE-46D5-A7A3-CCB758701B34.png

Hello, Josh.

We see you successfully added this coin to your inventory on August 13th. This is a newly graded type of coin. The data for this coin will be ready for entry in the NGC Collection Manager and Registry after our weekly database update runs.  It should hopefully be ready for entry into the NGC Registry by Wednesday. Thanks for your patience.

46 posts
On 7/29/2019 at 9:07 AM, Ali E. said:

Thanks for the request, Bob. 

We will get that slot added. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Ali,

Could you also add a slot for the following sets: 

Silver Type Set, 1858-1968, Circulation Issue

Dollars Type Set, 1935-Date, Circulation Issue

Canada - Elizabeth II Type Set, 1953-Date, Circulation Issue

1954 $1 SWL Obverse.jpg

108 posts
On 9/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, bigmarty 58 said:

Ali,

Could you also add a slot for the following sets: 

Silver Type Set, 1858-1968, Circulation Issue

Dollars Type Set, 1935-Date, Circulation Issue

Canada - Elizabeth II Type Set, 1953-Date, Circulation Issue

1954 $1 SWL Obverse.jpg

Hello, 

Thank you for the request.  Would you please provide your certification numbers and email them to registry@ngccoin.com. We will be happy to research the best way to display your coins. 

46 posts
On 9/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, Maribeth said:

Hello, 

Thank you for the request.  Would you please provide your certification numbers and email them to registry@ngccoin.com. We will be happy to research the best way to display your coins. 

Thanks for your help!

108 posts
On 10/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, Filbullion said:

Hello,

I would like to request for slot:

Chinese Silver Medals, 1 Oz, Mint State

Ex of coin: 5756128-009

Regards;

~ Noel ~

Hello, 

Thank you for the request.  We have responded to your email regarding the placement of this China Medal.

17 hours ago, Maribeth said:

Hello, 

Thank you for the request.  We have responded to your email regarding the placement of this China Medal.

Hi Maribeth, Already inserted new set but when adding the coin it does not allow, awaiting ngc approval.

I know it will be soon, Thank you for your response.

Regards, Noel

45 posts

Please add a slot for Innovation dollars to all of the 21st century type sets when the freeze is over. Thanks

1,351 posts
25 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

Please add a slot for Innovation dollars to all of the 21st century type sets when the freeze is over. Thanks

Thank you for the request, BlakeEik.

Our team will discuss the possibility of this addition when the freeze is over. Thank you and let us know when we may assist in the future.

68 posts

Please create a new slot in the Silver 10Y Panda Commemoratives, 1991-Date, Mint State and Proof  set for the new commemorative S10Y Panda

2019 China S10Y Panda- China Import Expo

My  serial number for reference -5796962-001

Thank you

Leon Konikowski

108 posts
55 minutes ago, CT1041 said:

Please create a new slot in the Silver 10Y Panda Commemoratives, 1991-Date, Mint State and Proof  set for the new commemorative S10Y Panda

2019 China S10Y Panda- China Import Expo

My  serial number for reference -5796962-001

Thank you

Leon Konikowski

Hi Leon, 

Thank you for the request.  

As is the practice every year, about a month before the annual awards deadline, there is a temporary freeze on new slot additions and score change requests until after the 2019 annual awards period has passed. The deadline for 2019 was Nov. 6th at 10:30 am EST. This is to ensure a level playing field for all collectors. We will add your request to the queue of changes to be made after the Dec. 6th deadline.