Request a new slot here!
9 9

223 posts in this topic

1,163 posts

Hello!

The temporary freeze on slot requests and score changes has been lifted. We are working on our pending request list to get your NGC Registry additions and other changes done promptly. feel free to post new requests, here, also.

Thank you.

***2017 NGC Registry Awards Notice***

As is the practice every year, after Nov. 1st at 10 am EST, there will be a temporary freeze on new slot additions and score change requests until after the 2017 annual awards period has passed.  This is in order to ensure a level playing field for all collectors. 

Feel free to post a new slot request here, and we will add the slot (if and where it may be appropriate) after the awards freeze has ended.

Thank you. :)

Edited by Ali E.

50 posts

In the Great Britain Proof sets, would it be possible to add a slot for the plain edge proof sixpence to the 1839 proof set?

1,163 posts

1839 PLAIN EDGE 6P

Hello, Jaggy.

We have added the slot. Thanks very much for the request.

50 posts

Another request:

Is it possible to modify the Sixpence 1816-1820 (George III). Circulation issue set so that it includes the 1787 circulation sixpence. There are two varieties; with Hearts and without Hearts (ESC 2187 & ESC 2190).

That way the set reflects all the circulation sixpences for the reign.

18 posts

Alli.

In the Silver 10 Euros, 2002-Date, Proof, would you please add a slot for the 2004 Spain 10 Euro Ponte En Camino Xacobeo (2121209-007)

Thanks.

1,163 posts

Hello, Jaggy.

Thanks for the request. We have recently added a 1787 slot to the Circulation Issue set. However, it doesn't look like we have graded any MS coins with the varieties you mention. We have graded those varieties for the PROOF coins. We are in the process of creating a new registry set for George III 6P Proof coins. If you do get an MS coin graded with the variety, you may then enter it in the 1787 slot. Thank you.

50 posts

Thanks Ali.

I do have an NGC graded coin for 1787 at AU 58 (with Hearts) and which is registered in Collection Manager. I can see the slot in the Registry Set but it isn't picking up the coin. When I enter it manually, it comes up with "not valid for slot".

50 posts

The 'Sixpence Type Set, George III - Elizabeth II, Circulation Issue' only starts in 1816. However, the sixpence really started in the reign of Edward VI in 1547 and NGC has certainly certified sixpences from the reign of Elizabeth I onwards.

It would be great, therefore, if the sixpence type set could reflect the history of that coin and be extended back to at least Elizabeth I if not Edward VI.

464 posts

Not sure which set this should go in (its own or a new slot in an existing set) but I'd like a slot for my 2010-MO Mexican Bicentennial commemorative gold coin. It's 1.2057oz like the old 50 Peso coins were, but it has a face value of 200 Pesos to celebrate the bicentennial. Here's the coin: https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/coinview.aspx?sc=384717

It might fit in the 50 Pesos set at the end, or a new commemorative bullion set (not sure of any off the top of my head but there must be other gold bullion commemoratives from Mexico).

Thanks for your help.

1,163 posts

Hello, Alan.

Thanks for the request. This is the only coin of its kind and therefore is best displayed in a custom NGC Registry Set, as you have done so. Thank you, and please let us know when we may assist next.

1,163 posts

Hello, Jaggy.

We will look into the 6P request and email you once our team has reached on decision. Thank you, and let us know when we may assist next.

50 posts
Hello, Jaggy.

We will look into the 6P request and email you once our team has reached on decision. Thank you, and let us know when we may assist next.

Many thanks Ali. I noticed that William III is only for date 1701. What is the reasoning behind just the one date for that monarch? And if it is for staying in the 18th century, why not 1700 as well?

1,163 posts

Hello, Jaggy.

If you have a William III 6P coin, please follow the NOT VALID FOR SLOT directions earlier in this thread. Thanks very much, and let us know when we may assist next.

50 posts
Hello, Jaggy.

If you have a William III 6P coin, please follow the NOT VALID FOR SLOT directions earlier in this thread. Thanks very much, and let us know when we may assist next.

Ali ..... I did. The coin was rejected because it was, apparently, a Maundy coin. However, there were no Maundy sixpences in that reign (per ESC) so the coin could only be a circulation piece which is borne out by its NGC certification and which includes an ESC reference (ESC 1579) which also points to it being circulation..

Now, William III has disappeared from the sixpence type set.

I'm not trying to be a troublemaker here but I am genuinely puzzled by the above.

50 posts
Hello, Jaggy.

Ali ..... I did. The coin was rejected because it was, apparently, a Maundy coin. However, there were no Maundy sixpences in that reign (per ESC) so the coin could only be a circulation piece which is borne out by its NGC certification and which includes an ESC reference (ESC 1579) which also points to it being circulation..

Now, William III has disappeared from the sixpence type set.

I'm not trying to be a troublemaker here but I am genuinely puzzled by the above.

Update.

William III has reappeared in the set and my 1700 coin has been accepted. So looks like it is all getting sorted out.

Edit. Got a nice email from the team so I think we are okay now.

Edited by Jaggy

464 posts

Hi Ali, could you add a slot for the 1989 Canada Maple Leaf 10th Anniversary Proof to this set of 1oz Leafs: http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=121&SetTypeID=877

'89 was the only year proofs were made, and because that set already includes the Millennium special coin and the 2004 25th Anniversary coin, the 10th Anniversary Proof from 1989 would make sense as well.

My 10th Anniversary proof coin is 2047109-046.

Thanks!

50 posts

Hi Ali (again)

Can I suggest three new slots for the 'Sixpence, 1838-1901 (Victoria), Circulation Issue'.

The first would be:

1850 - 5 over 3. New ESC 3186 (old 1695A)

The second is:

1887 - Jubilee head. R over V in Victoria. New ESC 3266 (old 1752C).

And the third is:

1887 - Jubilee head. R over I in Victoria. New ESC 3265 (old 1752A).

NB. There is already a slot for old ESC 1752B so the last two just completes the series.

11 posts

2006 and 2016 $50 Burnished Gold Eagle MS to Gold Bullion Issues, 1986-Date, Mint State and to Gold Bullion Issues, 1986-Date, Complete. Thank you!

11 posts

Please add 2014 W S$1 Eagle, MLB Players Edition to Silver Eagle Proof Set Including Varieties - see cert # 3971054-093

387 posts

The 1733MO MF MILLED - SMALL CROWN KLIPPE (coin ID 763129) has a slot in the Mexico Philip V, 8 Reales, Pillar Type (1732-1747), Circulation Issue registry set. But it's not available in the Mexico City, 1732-1821, 8 Reales Type Set. Since the type sets tries to encompass all the issues from the separate Colonial Mexico 8 Reales sets, can you please add the slot for the klippe in the Mexico City, 1732-1821, 8 Reales Type set, too?

1,163 posts

Hello, Alan, and thanks for the request.

In the following set and slot, both the MS coin and the PF coin are already eligible, so a collector only needs one version of the coin to fill the slot.

Canada - Bullion

Set Name: Gold Maple Leafs - 50 Dollars (1 Ounce)

Slot Name: 1989

387 posts

I used the "Coin is NOT VALID FOR SLOT" edit method to bring my coin (1733MO MF MILLED - SMALL CROWN KLIPPE) to the attention of the admins for the Philip V 8 Reales slot in the Mexico City, 1732-1821, 8 Reales Type Set.

1,163 posts

Hello, jgenn.

We did receive your request, and it is in the queue to be looked at today. Thank you.

1,163 posts

Thank you for the slot request. We will consider this once we have graded more of these.

7 posts

Where is the slot for the Limited Edition Silver Proof Set 2016, is one going to be added? I don't see this one listed in the 2016 proof listings