Request a new slot here!
9 9

223 posts in this topic

91 posts

Hello jackson64, 

We made slot name changes this morning to the proof set.  The three 2017 slots are: 2017 Silver Bluenose, 2017 Silver Wings of Peace and 2017 Our Home & Native Land.  Your coin is correctly listed in the 2017 Our Home & Native Land slot.  Once you receive your graded coins in hand, please email the certification numbers to registry@ngccoin.com and we will be happy to assist.  Thank you.

1,676 posts

I don't know how else to say this---there are only TWO 2017 COINS. The 2017 Silver Bluenose and the second coin is the wings of peace coin FROM the Our Home and Native Land Set.

The coins of the "Our Home and Native Land" proof set have individual names--the 10c coin in this set is called "Wings of Peace"

PS: I have the "Wings of Peace" coin from the "our home and native land " set already in hand--I simply removed it until you could get the registry list straight--I'm thinking of just removing all of these Canada sets, it is too much work to constantly try and clarify them every year ( it took 5 years before I finally explained the $2 Twonie sets well enough to eventually get the sets correct with all of the different coins and no multiple slots for the same coins----

PPS: For the $2 Twonie sets for 2017, for example, what the heck is the "two men in a canoe" slot? I have checked with several top Canadian coin dealers, looked at the Canadian mint website, googled the words and checked every 2017 Canada coin listing on ebay and have seen ZERO reference of "two men in a canoe"...maybe I'll just remove that set too.

I'm thinking that collecting modern series or sets is just insanity or some form of self punishment--definitely not enjoyable trying to keep up with every tiny variance the mints make ( minted in S, minted in W, minted in P, burnished, SP, enhanced finish, first release, early release, first minted yada yada....92.5%, 99.9%..etc etc). NOBODY seems to know what is what. There are 10 different labels and names for the same coin sometimes..." Silver Proof " , "Gilt", "polar bear", 92.5% silver", "alloy"...all names I've seen for the same 2016 Canada Proof $2 coin. (Not to even mention the 99.9% silver proof set with the gold gilt Dollar coin)---insanity. 

1,676 posts

After my last reply I checked my email and had gotten a reply from a large Canadian coin dealer---T***sman Coins informs me that the $2 Coin in the "Our Home and Native Land" set, which is called "Dance of the Spirit" because of the Aurora Borealis on it, has also been called in slang terms " 2 men in a canoe" because the coin has the Borealis lighting across the sky as 2 men paddle on a lake in a canoe below.

So once again, you added 2 slots for the same coin. The $2 Canada Proof Issues for 2017 are::::

1) The 2017 150th Anniversary Set- Polar Bear

2) 2017 "Our Home and Native Land" , "Dance of the Spirit" or "two men in a canoe"

Pictured are the 2 different 2017 proof sets--1) is the 150th anniversary proof set and     2) Our Home and Native Land set ( Canada is so messed up, the commem coin that has the big 150, is not on the 150th anniversary set but in the "our home and native land set)--you'll notice the " 2 men in a canoe" on the "Dance of the Spirit" coin on the Home and Native Land Set----also you'll notice the "wings of peace" 10c coin in the "Our Home and Native Land" Set.

Again, 2 sets, a 150th anniversary set and the second "H & N L" set has a name for each coin---not 3 sets and not 3 different coins and NOT 3 different slots needed for 2017 Canada Proof sets.

150th anniv set.jpg

Home and Native.jpg

1,676 posts

Nevermind--the only "changes" I saw were several thousand points removed from the set value as each coin in both of those sets was reduced.

Thanks anyhow, I have decided to just remove all of my Canada sets--in fact, the sets are already gone. 10+ years building #1 sets and I can't take the confusion anymore. Between the plethora of new Canada issues for simple, annual proof sets and the Registry's inability to simply add 2 slots correctly ( The Canada coin census is even worse as about 70% of the proof issues aren't even listed at all--look it up and you can see that roughly 1/3rd of proof dime and $2 coins are even listed at all).

I'm going back to raw coins and albums--I'll still enjoy the hobby and as a bonus, I won't waste half of my coin budget on grading fees either.........Thanks, you really have done me a great favor.

Edited by jackson64

62 posts
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Feel free to request a new slot to be added to the NGC REGISTRY by listing your request here. Thank you. :)

Please add a new slot for the new China S5Y Proof Panda - 35th Anni of the Gold China Panda Coin. This is the first new S5Y proof panda since 1998 - Please add this new panda to the S5Y Panda sets - Please note - you may have to change the set name as most say 1993-1998. Perhaps they could change to 1993-1998, 2017?

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties)

Thank you

CT104

Here is a picture of the new S5Y panda - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NGC-PF70-Silver-Panda-Coin-15g-35th-Anni-of-the-Gold-China-Panda-Coin-First-Day/162566640578?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D0cff4b657fe54d0c91b8ec64b3a782b5%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D152600626007&_trkparms=pageci%3Ad58a079b-5b7a-11e7-8052-74dbd1809b70%7Cparentrq%3Aeb55a83a15c0aa47a502e3b6ffff4f59%7Ciid%3A1

Edited by CT1041

91 posts

Hello CT1041, 

The 2017 S5Y Gold Panda Issuance 35th Anniversary coin is eligible in the following set: Panda Anniversary Issues, Complete.

Please let us know when we may be of further assistance.  Thank you.

62 posts

The set Panda Anniversary Issues, Complete is really NOT complete - It does not have the 2007 Gold and silver sets

Also - Why does this set contain real coins which are legal tender and Medals which are not legal tender?

Why can't the China S5Y Proof Panda - 35th Anni of the Gold China Panda Coin be added to the

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) sets also?

It is silver

It is 5 Yuan

It is a coin and NOT a medal

It has the Temple of Heaven on the reverse

All of these qualifications fit the

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) sets

Thank you

Edited by CT1041
added more information

1,163 posts
On 6/29/2017 at 5:42 PM, CT1041 said:

The set Panda Anniversary Issues, Complete is really NOT complete - It does not have the 2007 Gold and silver sets

Also - Why does this set contain real coins which are legal tender and Medals which are not legal tender?

Why can't the China S5Y Proof Panda - 35th Anni of the Gold China Panda Coin be added to the

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) sets also?

It is silver

It is 5 Yuan

It is a coin and NOT a medal

It has the Temple of Heaven on the reverse

All of these qualifications fit the

Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-1998, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties) sets

Thank you

We have also added a slot for this coin in these sets:

China - Panda
Set Name:  Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-Date, Mint State and Proof

China - Panda
Set Name:  Silver 5Y Panda, 1993-Date, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties)

Thank you.

1,163 posts
On 6/23/2017 at 8:28 PM, jackson64 said:

Nevermind--the only "changes" I saw were several thousand points removed from the set value as each coin in both of those sets was reduced.

Thanks anyhow, I have decided to just remove all of my Canada sets--in fact, the sets are already gone. 10+ years building #1 sets and I can't take the confusion anymore. Between the plethora of new Canada issues for simple, annual proof sets and the Registry's inability to simply add 2 slots correctly ( The Canada coin census is even worse as about 70% of the proof issues aren't even listed at all--look it up and you can see that roughly 1/3rd of proof dime and $2 coins are even listed at all).

I'm going back to raw coins and albums--I'll still enjoy the hobby and as a bonus, I won't waste half of my coin budget on grading fees either.........Thanks, you really have done me a great favor.

Hello, Jackson64.

We appreciate your assistance and information. Those duplicate slots were deleted a few weeks ago here:

Canada
Set Name: Silver 10 Cents, Elizabeth II, 1996-Date, Proof Issue

Canada - Commemorative
Set Name: Silver $2, Commemorative Issues, 2002-Date, Proof

If you see duplicates elsewhere, please email us at registry@ngccoin.com, and we are happy to take care of it. Please let us know when we may assist next.

91 posts

Hello jeyanth7, 

Thank you for the request.  We have made the necessary changes to the set.  Please let us know when we can further assist.  You may email registry@ngccoin.com with any questions or requests regarding the registry.

91 posts

Hello jackson64, 

The 2017 OUR HOME & NATIVE LAND SILVER DOLLAR PROOF SET - WINGS OF PEACE slot in the 10 Cents, Elizabeth II, 1981-Date, Proof Issue registry set is for the non-silver 10 cent proof coin.  This set contains both Silver and alloy coins.  Please let us know when we may be of further assistance. 

91 posts
20 hours ago, Warry said:

need a slot for the 2017 enhanced sacagawea

Warry

Hello Warry, 

The 2017 Enhanced Sacagawea coin is eligible in these sets: Sacagawea Dollars, 2005-Date, SMS/SP, Sacagawea Dollars, 2000-Date, MS and SMS/SP, Sacagawea Dollars, 2000-Date, Complete, and in Enhanced Uncirculated Mint Sets
Set Name: 225th Anniversary US Mint Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set, 2017, Complete.

91 posts
24 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Need a slot for Moana and Maui.  I am not sure which collection it belongs to?  #4515190-007.   Thank you.

Hello Morpheus1967, 

This coin is eligible for the Niue Silver $2, 2017 Proof set.  A slot already exists.  Thank you.

15 posts

Can you add a slot for the "2017 Microcosm" coin in the Austria "Silver 25 Euro, 2003-Date, Mint State" set.  Thanks. 

91 posts

Hello TerryZman, 

Thank you for the slot request.  We have added the slot and you may now enter your coin.  For a faster response, please email registry@ngccoin.com and we will be happy to review your request.

62 posts
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Feel free to request a new slot to be added to the NGC REGISTRY by listing your request here. Thank you. :)

NGC announced a new silver panda variety - 1989 CHINA PANDA 10 YN NGC MS69 PL. Coins have been graded and are available

Would this new variety go into:

1989 slot or

a New slot 1989 CHINA PANDA 10 YUAN PL slot

Thanks

91 posts
2 hours ago, CT1041 said:

NGC announced a new silver panda variety - 1989 CHINA PANDA 10 YN NGC MS69 PL. Coins have been graded and are available

Would this new variety go into:

1989 slot or

a New slot 1989 CHINA PANDA 10 YUAN PL slot

Thanks

Hello CT1041, 

This 1989 China Silver 10 yuan MS PL coin would be eligible in the 1989 slot.  

Thank you and please let us know when we may assist in the future.

62 posts

Why would a new variety advertised by NGC

Modern Chinese Varieties: 1989 Mint State and Mint State PL Silver 10Y Panda

Posted on 8/8/2017

This is the 31st installment of our monthly column devoted to modern Chinese varieties.

This month we will look at another popular Chinese Silver Panda Variety. In 1989, China struck both Mint State and Proof Silver 10Y Pandas. The Proofs could be distinguished from the Mint State coins by the letter “P” located on the reverse side (Panda side) of the coin surrounded by a circle in the field at 9:00. The Mint State coins can be found with two distinct looks to them. The first type has a “normal” look for which the devices and field have a similar texture. Other examples exhibit devices that are frosted that contrast with the mirrored fields and look “Proof like” in appearance. These coins look closer in appearance to the Proof coins than Mint State.

Why would this newly recognized be buried  in with normal 1989 MS panda coins ?

Seems to me that with NGC recognizing the variety as such with the new PL code should warrant its own slot.

7 posts

Can you please add a new slot for the 1983 1 oz BU double die libertad set? This is a newer variety discovered earlier this year. The 1983 seems to be rarer than the 1982 and 1987 double die but  not as rare as the 1988 double die. Thw last time i checked there were about ten 83 libertads already graded by ngc. 

Thanks 

Tom

91 posts
20 hours ago, CT1041 said:

Posted on 8/8/2017

This is the 31st installment of our monthly column devoted to modern Chinese varieties.

This month we will look at another popular Chinese Silver Panda Variety. In 1989, China struck both Mint State and Proof Silver 10Y Pandas. The Proofs could be distinguished from the Mint State coins by the letter “P” located on the reverse side (Panda side) of the coin surrounded by a circle in the field at 9:00. The Mint State coins can be found with two distinct looks to them. The first type has a “normal” look for which the devices and field have a similar texture. Other examples exhibit devices that are frosted that contrast with the mirrored fields and look “Proof like” in appearance. These coins look closer in appearance to the Proof coins than Mint State.

Seems to me that with NGC recognizing the variety as such with the new PL code should warrant its own slot.

If you have a certification number you would like us to review, please send the information to registry@ngccoin.com and we will be happy to determine where the coin is eligible. 

Thank you.

91 posts
15 hours ago, TMCGRADY said:

Can you please add a new slot for the 1983 1 oz BU double die libertad set? This is a newer variety discovered earlier this year. The 1983 seems to be rarer than the 1982 and 1987 double die but  not as rare as the 1988 double die. Thw last time i checked there were about ten 83 libertads already graded by ngc. 

Thanks 

Tom

Hello Tom,

We have added the requested slot to the Mexica:  Silver 1 Onza, Libertad, 1982-Date, Mint State, Including Varieties set.  

Please let us know when we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

1,163 posts
20 hours ago, CT1041 said:

Posted on 8/8/2017

Hello, CT1041.

Thank you for sending your certification number. Our team has just consulted with our senior graders. They have determined that they will not be recognizing these as "Mirrored" or "Frosted" (as they have designated other S10Y coins.) However, we do recognize these these two coins are in fact, different, so we have added a separate slot in the Variety Mint State set. Thank you.

62 posts

Ali

Thank you for taking the time and extra effort to research this issue.

Stay safe down there - Irma is heading your way

136 posts

Hello.  Can we please get the following slots added to the Silver $2, Disney Characters, 2014-Date, Proof:

Bambi 75th Anniversary

2017 Season's Greetings

Thanks.