Request a new NGC Registry slot here!
33 33

1,096 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 5/6/2021 at 9:02 AM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Good morning Ali, 

Could you please add a new slot for these coins in the "Great Britain - Two Pounds, Commemorative, Elizabeth II, 1986-Date, Mint State" set?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Hello, Brett. We will get those slots added. Thanks very much.

Posted (edited)

Ali, 

Coin #6251930-008

I am trying to add to 

When I get to the subcategory, all that is listed are denominational sets.  There is nothing that says Australian Swan Series.  Can't get this one figured out.  

image.png.3cab09740c5ff2efa6eb5a47335fda91.png

Edit to add:

I may have been able to request it through the Collector's Society website.  Perhaps confirm?  Thanks again.

Edited by Morpheus1967
Added info
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Ali, 

Coin #6251930-008

I am trying to add to 

When I get to the subcategory, all that is listed are denominational sets.  There is nothing that says Australian Swan Series.  Can't get this one figured out.  

Edit to add:

I may have been able to request it through the Collector's Society website.  Perhaps confirm?  Thanks again.

Good Morning, Morpheus.

The subcategory is Denomination Sets - Dollar - Proof. Thank you.

image.png

19 minutes ago, Ali E. said:

Good Morning, Morpheus.

The subcategory is Denomination Sets - Dollar - Proof. Thank you.

image.png

Ah ok, that was the issue.  I was looking in mint strikes.  Found it and submitted it correctly.  Thanks for all of your help once again.  

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Ah ok, that was the issue.  I was looking in mint strikes.  Found it and submitted it correctly.  Thanks for all of your help once again.  

We moved it to a more appropriate "Denomination Sets - Dollar - Complete" subcategory.

I am having a problem with this coin.  When i enter it it shows already in my coin list, but it doesn't show up in my Panama Balboa 1931 to 1985 mint and proof set.  The coin is from that group but the slot shows empty in my set

1966 PANAMA BALBOA SILVER
NGC PF 67
2852739-007

I would like to create a set of Panama Proof Sets 1966- 1974 Complete

including 1 Balboa, 1/2 Balboa, 1/4 Balboa, 1/10 Balboa, 5 Centesimos and 1 Centesimo.    These sets are different from the ones from 1975-1985

I would also like to creat a set of Panama Proof Sets 1975-1982 Complete

including 5 Balboas, 1 Balboa, 1/2 Balboa, 1/4 Balboa, 1/10 Balboa, 5 Centesimos, 2.5 Centesimos and 1 Centesimo.    These sets are different from the ones from 1966-1982

13 minutes ago, L Wiznitzer said:

I am having a problem with this coin.  When i enter it it shows already in my coin list, but it doesn't show up in my Panama Balboa 1931 to 1985 mint and proof set.  The coin is from that group but the slot shows empty in my set

1966 PANAMA BALBOA SILVER
NGC PF 67
2852739-007

Hello, 

Please follow the direction in the link below to add your coin.  Thank you.

Hello Ali, 

Could you please take a look at the "Great Britain - 2017 Annual Coin Set Coinage, Mint State" set's point layout?  The set awards more points to a 10 pence coin than a two pound coin with a population of only one.  It has the 10 pence coin at 85 points and the two pound coin at 76 points.  This makes no sense.

Could you please look into this?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

• Administrator
22 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

Could you please take a look at the "Great Britain - 2017 Annual Coin Set Coinage, Mint State" set's point layout?  The set awards more points to a 10 pence coin than a two pound coin with a population of only one.  It has the 10 pence coin at 85 points and the two pound coin at 76 points.  This makes no sense.

Could you please look into this?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Hi, Brett.

Sure, we will have someone check those scores for any needed updates. Thank you.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

Could you please add a new slot for this coin in the "Great Britain - 5 Pound, The Queen's Beasts, 2017-2021, Mint State" set?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Good Morning, Brett. We will get that slot added. Thanks, and have a good day.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello!

Please list the NGC Registry set category name and what slot name you would like added here! Thank you.

Hi, Please add the slots for the new 2021 Gold Buffalo Proof coin to the Gold Buffalo, 1ounce Gold Buffalos .9999 Fine Proof and the Gold Buffalos .9999 Fine Proof.

Thank You Registry staff

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J Reed said:

Hi, Please add the slots for the new 2021 Gold Buffalo Proof coin to the Gold Buffalo, 1ounce Gold Buffalos .9999 Fine Proof and the Gold Buffalos .9999 Fine Proof.

Thank You Registry staff

Hello, 

Thank you for the request. We process requests in the order received and will add this slot soon.  

Edited by Maribeth - NGC Admin

Hello! In the set, Norway 25 Ore, Copper-Nickel, Haakon VII, 1921-1957, Circulation Issue,

slots are missing for

1921 No Center hole
1922 No Center hole
1923 No Center hole 

I have noticed that the set has ”Copper-Nickel” in the set-name, but maybe the the nickel-brass coin from 1942 and the zink-coins from 1943, 44 and 45 could be included as well? And rename the set to just 25 Ore,  Haakon VII, 1921-1957, Circulation Issue?

• Administrator
18 hours ago, olek2012 said:

Hello! In the set, Norway 25 Ore, Copper-Nickel, Haakon VII, 1921-1957, Circulation Issue,

slots are missing for

1921 No Center hole
1922 No Center hole
1923 No Center hole 

I have noticed that the set has ”Copper-Nickel” in the set-name, but maybe the the nickel-brass coin from 1942 and the zink-coins from 1943, 44 and 45 could be included as well? And rename the set to just 25 Ore,  Haakon VII, 1921-1957, Circulation Issue?

Hello, and thanks for your interest. We will make those adjustments.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

Could you please add a new slot for this coin in the "Great Britain - Two Pounds, Commemorative, Elizabeth II, 1986-Date, Mint State" set?

Thanks & have a great day,

Brett

Hi, Brett.

This is actually eligible in the Britannia sets. Thanks, and have a good day!

Dear Ali,

Thank you for all of your hard work on the best registry in the business!

I would love to see NGC consider having a 1915 Panama-Pacific Expo So-Called Dollar set.  This event is one that has the largest number of catalogued so-called dollars that: 1) have significant value and 2) intersect with a corresponding coins series (1915 Pan Pac 50c, gold $1, $2.5 and $50.).  The go to person for this is Jeff Shevlin or just the HK book: So-Called Dollars, or me.  You already have a 2 coin so-called dollars set (thank you) for the Wilson dollars so the request is not something that NGC does not do.  This might lead to more interest in and certification of so-called dollars.  A new market for NGC to dominate and celebrate!

The second ask is more nebulous.  I would like an NGC Ancient Registry. This is more complex due to the variability and numbers of coins involved but...  There could be a one coin per century set (easy to identify with NGC data already on the slab) or one pre ruler or even use the top 100 Ancient Coins (book by Harlan Berk).  All would expand NGC's footprint into markets that are ripe for NGC control e.g. world coins.

Thank you again to you and your staff.  You all demonstrate the highest level of professionalism in the numismatics.

Sincerely,

John (AKA JTO)

Hi!

In the set Norway Haakon VII, Type Set, 1906-1957, Circulation Issue (No Silver or Gold)

Slot # 6 should be removed. (Haakon VII was not king in 1902).
Slot # 12 has an incomplete slot name, but it is probably the same as slot # 11, so it can be removed.
Slot # 17 should be BRONZE instead of IRON.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hello again Ali,

My last message seemed a little too brief, so I thought I would explain better.

From the years 1997 to 2014 the Royal Mint included, in their yearly Mint Sets, a standard issue £2 coin (which NGC has always named "Cleltic Design", but is actually named "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants") and then there is the Commemorative £2 coins also. But then in 2015 the Mint changed the design from "Celtic Design" to the "Britannia" design that is still used today. It comes in every year set along with the Commemorative £2 coins.

The 2020 and 2021 coins are already in the set. The 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and the 2019 Britannia all need to be add yet.

I hope this helps some.

Thank you,

Brett

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello again Ali,

My last message seemed a little too brief, so I thought I would explain better.

From the years 1997 to 2014 the Royal Mint included, in their yearly Mint Sets, a standard issue £2 coin (which NGC has always named "Cleltic Design", but is actually named "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants") and then there is the Commemorative £2 coins also. But then in 2015 the Mint changed the design from "Celtic Design" to the "Britannia" design that is still used today. It comes in every year set along with the Commemorative £2 coins.

The 2020 and 2021 coins are already in the set. The 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and the 2019 Britannia all need to be add yet.

I hope this helps some.

Thank you,

Brett

Hello, Brett.

Our apologies. We do have some new staff members. It looks like the 2020 and 2021 Britannia coins were mistakenly added to this commemorative set on May 10. I will speak to the team to avoid future confusion.  I removed those two slots. This set is for coins that commemorate a person or event of historic nature.

20 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, Brett.

Our apologies. We do have some new staff members. It looks like the 2020 and 2021 Britannia coins were mistakenly added to this commemorative set on May 10. I will speak to the team to avoid future confusion.  I removed those two slots. This set is for coins that commemorate a person or event of historic nature.

Good morning, 

So is it fair to believe that there will soon be a "Great Britain - £2 Mint State - 1997 to date" set created?

Thanks

Ali E.,

Please add two new slots for Philippines Silver 500P Proof 1988-Date for the following coins:

2018 Philippine S500P PL UC Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas 25th Anniv.

2019 Philippine S500P UC Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas 70th Anniversary

Thank you

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Mactanboy said:

Ali E.,

Please add two new slots for Philippines Silver 500P Proof 1988-Date for the following coins:

2018 Philippine S500P PL UC Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas 25th Anniv.

2019 Philippine S500P UC Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas 70th Anniversary

Thank you

Hello.

We will update the set name to include these Prooflike coins and add the slots. Thanks very much.

• Administrator
22 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Good morning, 

So is it fair to believe that there will soon be a "Great Britain - £2 Mint State - 1997 to date" set created?

Thanks

Hi, Brett. I responded to your other post on this. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 5/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, JTO said:

Dear Ali,

Thank you for all of your hard work on the best registry in the business!

I would love to see NGC consider having a 1915 Panama-Pacific Expo So-Called Dollar set.  This event is one that has the largest number of catalogued so-called dollars that: 1) have significant value and 2) intersect with a corresponding coins series (1915 Pan Pac 50c, gold $1, $2.5 and $50.).  The go to person for this is Jeff Shevlin or just the HK book: So-Called Dollars, or me.  You already have a 2 coin so-called dollars set (thank you) for the Wilson dollars so the request is not something that NGC does not do.  This might lead to more interest in and certification of so-called dollars.  A new market for NGC to dominate and celebrate!

The second ask is more nebulous.  I would like an NGC Ancient Registry. This is more complex due to the variability and numbers of coins involved but...  There could be a one coin per century set (easy to identify with NGC data already on the slab) or one pre ruler or even use the top 100 Ancient Coins (book by Harlan Berk).  All would expand NGC's footprint into markets that are ripe for NGC control e.g. world coins.

Thank you again to you and your staff.  You all demonstrate the highest level of professionalism in the numismatics.

Sincerely,

John (AKA JTO)

Hello, John.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We appreciate your support of the NGC Registry. The senior team has discussed the idea of a competitive Ancients registry several times. Due to their unique nature and thousands of varieties with very subjective values, we have concluded it is just not plausible. We have also discussed SCD several times and are familiar with the Hibbler and Kappen book. This is quite an undertaking given that there are over 1000 varieties, and this is a project we hope to work on sometime in the future. Right now, we don't have the resources to dedicate to such a project. Again, thanks for your input, and please let us know when we may assist in the future.