Request a new NGC Registry slot here!
33 33

1,130 posts in this topic

I think there is a scoring error in "21st Century Type Set, Proofs and Non-Proofs."

The type scores for "2013 S $1 William McKinley PF UC" are totally different than other scores of the same type. Coins of they same type should all have the same type score, correct?

Maybe someone could check it out?  Thanks

• Administrator
9 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

I think there is a scoring error in "21st Century Type Set, Proofs and Non-Proofs."

The type scores for "2013 S $1 William McKinley PF UC" are totally different than other scores of the same type. Coins of they same type should all have the same type score, correct?

Maybe someone could check it out?  Thanks

Hello, BlakeEik. We have updated the Type Score for this coin. Thanks very much.

Edited by Ali E.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:22 PM, Ali E. said:

Thank you for your request. As of Nov. 4th, there is a temporary freeze on any new NGC and PMG Registry slot requests and score change requests until after the annual awards period has passed. This is customary every year in order to ensure a level playing field for all collectors. We will add this request to our queue of requests to be considered after the freeze is over. 
Meanwhile, you may add your coin to the existing slot.

Hi, did this request get added to the queue? many thanks.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hades said:

Hi, did this request get added to the queue? many thanks.

Hello, Hades.

Your slot request is in our queue for structural set change requests. Right now we are focusing on getting all the new coins added that currently have no representation in the competitive NGC Registry. You will receive an email when the team has reached a decision. Thank you for your patience.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, D.Bansal said:

Hi Ali,

I have a request to update the following set:

This set should have the following two slots added:

Also recommend renaming set to: "Rupee (Kabul Mint), 1891-1929 AD, Circulation Issue"

I am attaching the reference from the Standard Catalog of World Coins 1901-2000 (2014,41st edition, Krause Publications) Page 41

Habibullah Kalakani was the Emir/King of Aghanistan from 17th January to 13th October 1929. He was a rebel leader who converted back to using the Lunar (AH) calendar instead of Solah (SH) and reverted the currency system back to Rupees in 1929. During 1925-1928, the country had moved from "Rupee" to "Afghanis".

Currently NGC denotes coins from AH1347 bearing Habibullah's name with 1928AD which is incorrect given his rule was in 1929 only. PCGS is correctly denoting the AH1347 as 1929 in recognition of Habibullah's rule.

Another thing I would like to point out is the slot "AH1337 HABIBULLAH WITHIN WREATH" in the set is a wrong entry. As mentioned above, Habibullah never ruled in 1337 and his rule was limited to a few months in 1929... this I believe should be KM#897. The "4" in persian/arabic lettering is very similar to "3" so this is an easy mistake.

I hope you will consider this request and run it past your world coin graders as well. I will be happy to provide more information.

Many Thanks,

Deepak Bansal

Hello, Deepak.

Happy New Year! Thank you for the detailed feedback. We have added two slots for AH1347 (as officially described by NGC,) and we updated the AH1337 slot. We will add your request for a set name change to the queue, and let you know when a decision has been reached. 

The thing is, in this particular set there is slot for 1819/8 variety (only 2 graded!) and slot was created, if I am not mistaken, when only one coin was graded. Also in this set is slot for 1820 Inverted 1 in date (non-competitive, for display only) with only one coin graded. So there's seems to be no consistency or logic. Can you at least consider creating non-competitive slot for this coin so that this rare variety can be displayed (it is much  rarer variety than 1820 inverted1)? If I use 1819 slot as you suggesting, I would loose slot for 1919 MS66 incl points. Thank you  for consideration and replay. Kind regards, Michal

• Administrator
On 1/30/2021 at 11:37 AM, M.T. said:

Hello Ali,

Could you please add a new slot in the “Great Britain - Pre-Decimal # Sixpence, George III, 1787-1820, Circulation Issue” set for the “1819 Bull-2203 ESC1636B T/B in BRITT” ?

Thank you very much, 

Michal

Hello, M.T.

Thanks for your interest. You may add it to the existing 1919 slot. We would not add a separate slot at this point as it is the only coin graded with this variety. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, M.T. said:

The thing is, in this particular set there is slot for 1819/8 variety (only 2 graded!) and slot was created, if I am not mistaken, when only one coin was graded. Also in this set is slot for 1820 Inverted 1 in date (non-competitive, for display only) with only one coin graded. So there's seems to be no consistency or logic. Can you at least consider creating non-competitive slot for this coin so that this rare variety can be displayed (it is much  rarer variety than 1820 inverted1)? If I use 1819 slot as you suggesting, I would loose slot for 1919 MS66 incl points. Thank you  for consideration and replay. Kind regards, Michal

Hello, Michal.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. Our team will reconsider and send an email when the research has been completed.

28 minutes ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, Michal.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. Our team will reconsider and send an email when the research has been completed.

Thank you, Ali. I do appreciate it. Kind regards, Michal

On 2/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Deepak.

Happy New Year! Thank you for the detailed feedback. We have added two slots for AH1347 (as officially described by NGC,) and we updated the AH1337 slot. We will add your request for a set name change to the queue, and let you know when a decision has been reached. 

Thanks Ali for the quick fix.

I will follow up with the grading team on correcting the date to 1929 given the historical evidence. 

Best, Deepak

How about creating a non-FB/FT registry set in the Mercury dime and Roosevelt dime series?  Similar has already been done in the Franklin half realm.  

• Administrator
2 hours ago, erwindoc said:

How about creating a non-FB/FT registry set in the Mercury dime and Roosevelt dime series?  Similar has already been done in the Franklin half realm.  

Hello, erwindoc.

Thank you for your interest. We will add this to the pending set request list and email you when the team has reached a decision.

Hello,

It seems as the the Mayflower Voyage set is not completely established yet, so I'm posting my certs in hopes it helps push it along.  These all say something like "there is no place in the registry for them - they must be new." Can you please add these to the slots?

• 5920429-001 2020 SILVER MEDAL MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-002 2020 SILVER MEDAL MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-003 2020 W $10 MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-004 2020 W $10 MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY (is the only one that worked)
  • 5920429-005 2020 G.BRITAIN S2PND MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-006 2020 G.BRITAIN G25PND MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY

Thanks

12 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

Hello,

It seems as the the Mayflower Voyage set is not completely established yet, so I'm posting my certs in hopes it helps push it along.  These all say something like "there is no place in the registry for them - they must be new." Can you please add these to the slots?

• 5920429-001 2020 SILVER MEDAL MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-002 2020 SILVER MEDAL MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-003 2020 W $10 MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-004 2020 W $10 MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY (is the only one that worked)
  • 5920429-005 2020 G.BRITAIN S2PND MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY
  • 5920429-006 2020 G.BRITAIN G25PND MAYFLOWER VOYAGE 400TH ANNIVERSARY

Thanks

Hello, 

These are eligible in the following set category/set: Multi-Country(incl. Euro) - The Mayflower Voyage - 400th Anniversary, US and Great Britain, 2020, Complete.  We have sent an email with directions on how to add these to your existing set. Thank you.

Edited by Maribeth - NGC Admin

• Administrator
5 hours ago, dleonard-3 said:

Please add 2021-S to "Lincoln Cents, 1959-Date, Proofs".  Thank you.

Hello.  We will get that slot added. Thank you.

Hi Admins,

I think in the Mayflower Voyage Set, the name of this slot (and the eligible coins for it) "S2PND PF - GILT - PIEFORT" should be "S2PND PF - GILT - PIEDFORT."

From Wikipedia, Piedfort = is an unusually thick coin, often exactly twice the normal weight and thickness of other coins of the same diameter and pattern. Piedforts are not normally circulated, and are only struck for presentation purposes by mint officials (such as patterns), or for collectors, dignitaries, and other VIPs. Piedfort is commonly misspelled as "piefort".

Hi @Ali E., appreciate this probably in the wrong area for the request but I wasn't sure where to put it, it seems the wrong photos are up in the registry against my freshly graded 1/2 sovereign ( 6028298-003).  Looks like a straight mix up with the phots from another 1/2 sovereign (6028298-004). Just need swapping over!

Thank you

Request new slots

Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees)

6090381-089

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production Trolley ER Label

6090262-038

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production FDI Trolley Label

6090392-039

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production Brown Label

Thank You

Bob

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Robert J Hewitt said:

Request new slots

Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees)

6090381-089

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production Trolley ER Label

6090262-038

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production FDI Trolley Label

6090392-039

2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC MS70 Emergency Production Brown Label

Thank You

Bob

Hello, Bob. Thanks for your interest. We do not have competitive sets based upon label colors and artwork. You may create a Custom NGC Registry set with this theme, if you wish. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Hades said:

Hi @Ali E., appreciate this probably in the wrong area for the request but I wasn't sure where to put it, it seems the wrong photos are up in the registry against my freshly graded 1/2 sovereign ( 6028298-003).  Looks like a straight mix up with the phots from another 1/2 sovereign (6028298-004). Just need swapping over!

Thank you

Hello, Hades. We see it is an error in the NGC verification screen. Please relay your message to Customer Service, and be sure to mention the images are swapped in the NGC verification screen, so they may get it corrected in the database. Once it has been corrected in the NGC grading database, it will appear properly in the NGC Registry. You may reach them at service@NGCcoin.com or at 1-800-642-2646.Thank you and our apologies.

Edited by Ali E.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

Hi Admins,

I think in the Mayflower Voyage Set, the name of this slot (and the eligible coins for it) "S2PND PF - GILT - PIEFORT" should be "S2PND PF - GILT - PIEDFORT."

From Wikipedia, Piedfort = is an unusually thick coin, often exactly twice the normal weight and thickness of other coins of the same diameter and pattern. Piedforts are not normally circulated, and are only struck for presentation purposes by mint officials (such as patterns), or for collectors, dignitaries, and other VIPs. Piedfort is commonly misspelled as "piefort".

Hello, BlakeEik. The spelling of the word as Piefort or Piedfort are both acceptable. http://www.ma24w.com/dictionary/piefort

The NGC Registry is a mirror of a coin's description in our grading screen. This is how our graders have attributed the coin. My apologies. I have just heard back from the NGC research team that it is NGC policy to always spell it "Piefort." Thanks very much.

Edited by Ali E.

Hello;

My 2020 Western Somoa Silver $5 "The Golden Snitch" coin was rejected from the only Somoa set I thought it would fit.

Can you review and let me know where it might fit in.

5867025-022

Thank you

Randy H

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RDH2000 said:

Hello;

My 2020 Western Somoa Silver $5 "The Golden Snitch" coin was rejected from the only Somoa set I thought it would fit.

Can you review and let me know where it might fit in.

5867025-022

Thank you

Randy H

Hello, Randy. As this is the only coin of this type and strike, it is more suitable for a Custom NGC Registry set. If we grade more Samoa S$5 PF and PL coins in the future, we can revisit the idea of creating a competitive set. Thank you.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Good morning Ali, 

I hope you are well.

Could you please add a slot for this coin in the "Canada - Silver $5, Commemorative Issues, 2017-Date, Specimen" set?

As always, thank you very much. Have a great day.

Brett

Good Morning, Brett.

Thank you and same to you. We will get this added. Have a great weekend!

Hello, 

First things first, in the Belize category you have both Belize(1974-now)  and British Honduras (1973 and earlier) as two different sub categories.  However, the image shown for the Belize coins is the same British Honduras coin shown for the older sub category.  Will you please add the image of any coin from Belize 1974- present to the appropriate spot?  Thank you.

Next, your categories are biased towards gold.  From 1974 onward Belize, much like the United States also minted a 1 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 25 cent and a 50 cent coin!  Yet there are no options to display any of these coins!  Furthermore, there is a one, five, and ten dollar coin as well.  In 1974 Belize apparently had two sets of coins, one with birds and another with the queen.  Again, there are no available options to display this set of coins either.  Will you please add these, either as a full set or as individual denomination?  

Thank you!

I noticed a minor error.  In: "US SETS", "CENTS", "CENTS, 1793-DATE, COMPLETE CIRCULATION ISSUE", the last two slots are showing 2020 and 2020-D, but these should be 2021 and 2021-D.  Thanks for keeping up with all this.

Please add the following to 1/10 ounce gold eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State: 2015 EAGLE G$5 NARROW REEDS.

Currently there is no way to distinguish normal reeds from narrow reeds for 2015.

Thank you

Hi,

Currently under the category "Half Sovereigns Type Set, George III - Elizabeth II, Proof" the 1989 half sovereign is categorised as "Elizabeth II, Crowned Head 1985-1997", 1989 was actually a stand alone special year and entirely different obverse and should have its own slot and the type set should allow for both 1989 and what was the standard obverse for the period 1985 to 1997.

For example:

Standard obverse for period: 6028337-014

1989 special year: 5841616-016

May thanks for your help!

Hades. 

Edited by Hades