Request a new NGC Registry slot here!
33 33

1,096 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2016 at 10:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello!

Please list the NGC Registry set category name and what slot name you would like added here! Thank you.

Can you add the following:

1. I have a 1773 Virginia half penny (with period), MS-64 Red PCGS.  I cannot add it to my colonial basic type set as the "red" grade is not one listed (only brown and red & brown are listed).
2. I have a 2000-P Sacagawea dollar - Goodacre presentation finish, SP-67 PCGS.  Similarly, I cannot add it to my basic US type set with gold as this Goodacre coin is not listed.   I also cannot add this to my US type set including modern issues, either.
3. I have a 2015-P Presidential Truman reverse proof, PCGS PR-69.  I also cannot add this to my US type set including modern issues as the reverse proof coin is not listed.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Liberty1776 said:

Can you add the following:

1. I have a 1773 Virginia half penny (with period), MS-64 Red PCGS.  I cannot add it to my colonial basic type set as the "red" grade is not one listed (only brown and red & brown are listed).
2. I have a 2000-P Sacagawea dollar - Goodacre presentation finish, SP-67 PCGS.  Similarly, I cannot add it to my basic US type set with gold as this Goodacre coin is not listed.   I also cannot add this to my US type set including modern issues, either.
3. I have a 2015-P Presidential Truman reverse proof, PCGS PR-69.  I also cannot add this to my US type set including modern issues as the reverse proof coin is not listed.

Hello.

We have received your email about this. We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you. Thanks very much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 4/17/2020 at 4:35 PM, Howard D. Wilson Jr. said:

Why is there not a spot for my 1865A Germany 3P Prussian coin (5708441-016)? My 1852 A is registered and this is the exact same type of coin.  That would be like stopping the Morgan dollar set at 1894 and not having anything after that!  

Hello, Howard.

Thanks for the interest. We have responded to your email on this. These are different types of coins and were issued under a different ruler. Please let us know when we may assist in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali,

Could you please add a new slot in the " Great Britain - Decimal (1971 - date) - Silver Five Pounds Proof?

It's for the "2019 Tower of London - Yeoman Warders".

Thank you very much, 

Brett

 

 

Hi, Brett. 
We will get that added. Thanks very much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 5/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, keys213 said:

Hi Ali,

How do I submit the 2019 W Rev PF Enhanced Finish Canada Set, to get the label for the American Silver Eagle.

Thank You

keys213

Hello, keys213. 
A coin must be submitted in the unopened Canadian mint packaging to qualify for that label. Please contact Customer Service if you have further questions about labels. Thank you. 

Edited by Ali E.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 5/2/2020 at 6:10 PM, David Osborn said:

Hello,  Can you add a slot in the Serbia coins for the Nikola Tesla issues.  I have the 2019 1oz Serbia S100D Nikola Tesla Remote Control FR 

4955620-081

Thanks for the request, David.

We will research your request and respond via email when a decision has been reached. Thank you.

Edited by Ali E.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I request that you do something to fix the Dansco "7070" type sets... 

Basic US Type Set, No Gold (7070)
Basic US Type Set, with Gold (7070 + Page 5)

Why are there presidential and innovation dollars in there?  The with Gold set has Presidential dollars, the No Gold set  has Innovation dollars.  Whaaaaaat????  That makes no sense.

I think you should remove those two slots and be done with it.  But if not, if you really want to include new 21st Century types in these set, then you need to add all of these coins to both 7070 sets (which is kinda ridiculous in my opinion):

  1. Life of Lincoln Cents
  2. Union Shield Cents
  3. Westward Journey Nickels
  4. Return to Monticello Nickels
  5. National Park Quarters
  6. Presidential Dollars
  7. Innovation Dollars

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2016 at 11:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello!

Please list the NGC Registry set category name and what slot name you would like added here! Thank you.

I would like for you to address a policy that makes no sense, once again. I have an 1873 Straits Settlements 20 cent piece graded by NGC but which cannot receive a point score because it's too rare for the average collector to acquire. However, in my Registry Set of Canadian silver dollars there is a slot for a 1947, Pointed 7, Repunched 4 dollar. Not a single set has that slot filled for the simple reason that NGC has not graded ONE SINGLE COIN!!! for that slot. As a collector, I don't mind in the least that someone else has a slot filled that I will never have. Please reconsider adding point values for "rare" coins or at least delete slots for coins that have no graded examples! Be consistent. Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LTMcCord said:

I would like for you to address a policy that makes no sense, once again. I have an 1873 Straits Settlements 20 cent piece graded by NGC but which cannot receive a point score because it's too rare for the average collector to acquire. However, in my Registry Set of Canadian silver dollars there is a slot for a 1947, Pointed 7, Repunched 4 dollar. Not a single set has that slot filled for the simple reason that NGC has not graded ONE SINGLE COIN!!! for that slot. As a collector, I don't mind in the least that someone else has a slot filled that I will never have. Please reconsider adding point values for "rare" coins or at least delete slots for coins that have no graded examples! Be consistent. Larry

I agree about the consistency point - NGC is great at addressing single requests from many users, but some requests need to be evaluated holistically and may require adjustments to multiple sets in order to remain consistent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2016 at 11:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello!

Please list the NGC Registry set category name and what slot name you would like added here! Thank you.

For the following set (see below), would you please add a 2020 (P) MS American Silver Eagle?

1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, PKF said:

For the following set (see below), would you please add a 2020 (P) MS American Silver Eagle?

1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees)

Hello, PKF.

We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you. Thanks very much for the request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 5/4/2020 at 8:04 PM, BlakeEik said:

I request that you do something to fix the Dansco "7070" type sets... 

Basic US Type Set, No Gold (7070)
Basic US Type Set, with Gold (7070 + Page 5)

Why are there presidential and innovation dollars in there?  The with Gold set has Presidential dollars, the No Gold set  has Innovation dollars.  Whaaaaaat????  That makes no sense.

I think you should remove those two slots and be done with it.  But if not, if you really want to include new 21st Century types in these set, then you need to add all of these coins to both 7070 sets (which is kinda ridiculous in my opinion):

  1. Life of Lincoln Cents
  2. Union Shield Cents
  3. Westward Journey Nickels
  4. Return to Monticello Nickels
  5. National Park Quarters
  6. Presidential Dollars
  7. Innovation Dollars

 

Hello, Blake.

Thanks for the feedback. Both sets you mention now contain innovation and presidential dollars. Slots in US Type Sets are determined by our senior US numismatists. They have determined all the varieties you mention do not necessitate separate slots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
18 hours ago, LTMcCord said:

I would like for you to address a policy that makes no sense, once again. I have an 1873 Straits Settlements 20 cent piece graded by NGC but which cannot receive a point score because it's too rare for the average collector to acquire. However, in my Registry Set of Canadian silver dollars there is a slot for a 1947, Pointed 7, Repunched 4 dollar. Not a single set has that slot filled for the simple reason that NGC has not graded ONE SINGLE COIN!!! for that slot. As a collector, I don't mind in the least that someone else has a slot filled that I will never have. Please reconsider adding point values for "rare" coins or at least delete slots for coins that have no graded examples! Be consistent. Larry

Hello, Larry.

Whether or not a coin is marked as "non-competitive" is carefully considered and is assessed on a case-by-case basis based upon a variety of factors. We have looked at the 1947 variety slot you mention. The team has determined it should be "non-competitive." We will look at the Straits Settlement 20C MS scores, as well, in the near future. Thank you and let us know when we may assist in the future.

Edited by Ali E.
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ali E. said:

Hello, PKF.

We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you. Thanks very much for the request.

Thanks, but I'm not really certain what directions you're going to send me for "Adding a slot". I think that is something you guys have to do.  I'm looking to have a slot added for the 2020 P American Silver Eagle, which is a variant.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
17 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

I agree about the consistency point - NGC is great at addressing single requests from many users, but some requests need to be evaluated holistically and may require adjustments to multiple sets in order to remain consistent.

There are many factors involved when making the decision to mark a coin as non-competitive in a competitive NGC Registry Set. These considerations include low mintage, difficulty in obtaining/purchasing the coin, and an unusually high price in relation to the other coins required to fill the set. A variety of data is considered when our senior numismatic team makes the decision, which is done on a coin by coin basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, PKF said:

Thanks, but I'm not really certain what directions you're going to send me for "Adding a slot". I think that is something you guys have to do.  I'm looking to have a slot added for the 2020 P American Silver Eagle, which is a variant.  Thanks.

Hello, PKF. That slot is already there. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks.

Edited by Ali E.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
15 hours ago, DON CORDELL said:

I REQUEST THAT SLOT 7 BE PUT IN MY REGISTRY SET OF KENNEDY'S

Hello, Don.

We see your set is 100% full and that you successfully add a few coins to that set yesterday, Monday, May 25th. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We are happy to assist. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2016 at 8:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello!

Please list the NGC Registry set category name and what slot name you would like added here! Thank you.

Cuba Visitors set 1981-1989   slot name " 1 Centavo, Aluminum, 1 on reverse"  See 2839285-001

Edited by Gary4715
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
13 hours ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

 Hello NGC Team,

Could you please add these two coins to my "Great Britain - 2019 Annual Coin Set Coinage, Mint State - set?

The system is kicking them out for whatever reason. 

Thank you very much, 

Brett

 

 

 

Hello, Brett.

These were just marked as SHIPPED yesterday. You will need to wait a few days for them to be "live." Thank you and let us know if you need further assistance

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Ok, sorry. Didn't know there was a waiting time after "finalized".

I will keep this in mind for future reference. 

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Hi, Brett. We ask that collectors wait until they have their coins in hand before entering them into the NGC Registry. Thanks and have a good weekend.

Edited by Ali E.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am requesting the following slots be added to the following sets.

Set :NIUE Silver $1 2019 Proof:

American Gothic  Grant Wood

Whistler's Mother  McNeill

Boy Basket Fruit   Caravaggio

Set: NIUE Silver $1 2020 Proof

Threatened Swan  Jan Asselijn

Great Wave  Hokusai Katsushika

Starry Night  Van Gogh

 

Thank you for your consideration,

Robert

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me with how I get coins graded? I found about 500 different coins in a drawer with a false bottom from all over the world. Some are in cardboard sleeves with a grade on them but I don’t have any documents to back them up others were in bags and some loose in a box, dates ranging from 1650-1999. Thanks in advance for any help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
33 33