• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Modern COMMEMORATIVE weekend planned posted by Six Mile Rick

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Many ids this week working both ends of the sets!!

Friends,

As usual I am always trying to figure out a new direction in collecting coins. I have many Modern Commems to send in for grading and at the same time I am building a dansco set on the raw end. It is great to complete a raw set as well as a graded set of each series I compete in. I have a blast at both sides without the total letdown of grading and expenses. Going for some TOUGH hole fillers in my RAW set this week. ---- Wish me luck!! :)

Enjoy Collecting

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

I haven't checked for the expanded Olympic set Rick but besides what I listed on ebay, are there any other Dansco holes you want me to check for? I still have 2 groups yet and I'd sell them to a fellow collector before going to the ebay trouble ( and fees)

Jackson,

I think you will do well Saturday. Last month when you sold the 16 Modern Commemoratives as a group the bid was just way too low "I was glad to win that one". Separately this time they are getting more bids and attention.

I will get with you next week on the missing coins in my dansco albums.

Good luck Saturday!! (thumbs u

Rick

Jeffrey,

The first 2 volumes of dansco Modern Commemorative make it to 2001 (96 coins). I have around 60% complete with the 1995-1996 Olympic MS and PF coins being the toughest candidates. The 95-96 Olympic 32 coin set which contains the gold coins as well cost around $5,000. I am getting the shorter sets and leftovers from others breaking their sets up.

It is a fun challenging collection.

Rick

The hard sector to deal with on building the raw set is the ungraded stack. I have around 16 NICE coins for NGC next month that would fill holes in the albums. I will do NGC first and then crack out the lower grades for the albums.

September will be a blast in my sets after NGC grading!! :grin: