GTG 1893 Isabella 25c

11 posts in this topic

9,081 posts

The color is brighter than hand and the luster is fine in hand. The coin is in an old ANACS holder.

ETtqYCz6TyTxoVldKekj_wkIXH9uTRKqUmzT17dD8_1893%20Isabella%20Quarter%20ANACS_sm.jpg

Edited by coinman_23885

10,734 posts

I will say MS-64 although I have reservations because of the dullness on Isabella's cheek. This might be a case of where the toning has gone too far and is now dulling some of the higher points of the coin. If that is so it can deduct a point or two from the Mint State grade, and in the worst case fall under the term "environmental damage."

I have owned a few deeply toned Isabella Quarters, and have one with a bit less toning in my collection. It's hard to grade these toned pieces from photos, just as it is hard to grade them in-hand. Toning can cover up a lot of sins.

4,046 posts

Kenny, you still have the grainy photo problem. How are you downsizing these images, because it seems to not be working very well!

I'll take a wild guess of MS64 with Bill, but the images are both grainy and super dark, so it's definitely a guess.

2,870 posts

Kenny, I know that coin and I have to agree with Brandon, those images are way to dark and not representative of the actual coin.

4,870 posts

I'll bet it's real colorful in hand.

I'm not seeing any major marks, unless they are hidden.

I'll say MS 65.

574 posts
I'll bet it's real colorful in hand.

I'm not seeing any major marks, unless they are hidden.

I'll say MS 65.

+1 (thumbs u ..totally has a look of a Kenny coin...I really like it.

Edited by kmag

14,800 posts

I'll bet in hand it is a gorgeous, colorful, bright coin. I can see the luster in your pictures - but your pictures aren't showing the coin in the best light.

I'll bet it is 65 - but I'd love to see well lit pictures of this coin.

51 posts

I'd guess it's a 65, but that early ANACS called it a 63/64. It does seem like it's probably a stunning coin in hand.

4,163 posts

I'll go with 65. Pretty coin.

2,281 posts

Many of these I see are cleaned. This doesn't appear to be one of those. I'm at MS 64 but it might be even better.