• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG 1893 Isabella 25c

11 posts in this topic

I will say MS-64 although I have reservations because of the dullness on Isabella's cheek. This might be a case of where the toning has gone too far and is now dulling some of the higher points of the coin. If that is so it can deduct a point or two from the Mint State grade, and in the worst case fall under the term "environmental damage."

I have owned a few deeply toned Isabella Quarters, and have one with a bit less toning in my collection. It's hard to grade these toned pieces from photos, just as it is hard to grade them in-hand. Toning can cover up a lot of sins.

Kenny, you still have the grainy photo problem. How are you downsizing these images, because it seems to not be working very well!

I'll take a wild guess of MS64 with Bill, but the images are both grainy and super dark, so it's definitely a guess.

Kenny, I know that coin and I have to agree with Brandon, those images are way to dark and not representative of the actual coin.

I'll bet it's real colorful in hand.

I'm not seeing any major marks, unless they are hidden.

I'll say MS 65.

+1 (thumbs u ..totally has a look of a Kenny coin...I really like it.

I'll bet in hand it is a gorgeous, colorful, bright coin. I can see the luster in your pictures - but your pictures aren't showing the coin in the best light.

I'll bet it is 65 - but I'd love to see well lit pictures of this coin.