• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When entering PCGS coins into NGC forum, no points?

7 posts in this topic

All,

this is my first rodeo, so I don't know what to expect.

When entering a PCGS coin for an NGC slot and it comes back with 0 points, is that normal?

Thank you for the inquiry. PCGS coins must go through an approval process for the NGC Registry. Once you add a PCGS coin to an NGC Registry Set and SAVE, this generates a process where the coin will then be verified with the PCGS certification web site.

This process can take up to a few days. Until it has been approved, your PCGS coin(s) in your Registry Set(s) will show "PENDING," and they will have zero score.

I received emails stating "Your coin(s) have been processed by the NGC Registry", yet the coins in question (they are pretty high grade coins in PCGS slabs), still show 0 as their score.

Have I missed a step?

• Administrator

Thank you for the inquiry. The scores will display differently to you according to your FILTER RANKINGS view. Please read below:

Please make sure your set view is set to All Coins versus just NGC Coins. When you are looking at your set, please CLICK on the words "All Coins."

This filter is on the upper right side of your screen, as shown, below:

NEW Filter Rankings: All Coins | NGC Coins

You will want to click on ALL COINS to see the scores for all of your coins, including PCGS coins. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

Also a newbie to NGC .....

I cannot add PCGS certified coins to my competitive sets. When I look at the help function, the screen for adding coins is different to the one I am getting. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

• Administrator

Thanks for the inquiry, Jaggy, and welcome!

PCGS coins are only eligible in US NGC Registry Sets, not in World Sets. We are sending some links via email with instructions to the email address we have on file for you. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.