• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics Consignment?

118 posts in this topic

I wouldn't want to take on consignments and assume fiduciary risks unless I had enough insurance and lots of extra funds devoted to such collectibles. The temptations and problems can be endless as with Tulving--though that is more than 1000X bigger; he took incoming money to pay older debts and then spiraled out of control as the metals plummeted. It is more of a buyer's market now and can be tough to operate unless you have a large company. http://rlv.zcache.com/i_cant_be_overdrawn_i_still_have_some_checks_trucker_hat-rc9b8a41d118e4ad9ac5e278b9ad8ae38_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

I mentioned to someone in private that I thought his recent(past year or so) consignment inventory of A LOT of AT raw coins was a red flag.

I mentioned to someone in private that I thought his recent(past year or so) consignment inventory of A LOT of AT raw coins was a red flag.

Since that was pretty much what "ACop" wrote on the PCGS forum, are you him? Is that your current alt over there?

"ACop" wrote:

I mentioned that in private to someone ATS a few months ago that his recent inventory the past year of a A LOT of AT raw material seemed like a red flag.

Since that was pretty much what "ACop" wrote on the PCGS forum, are you him? Is that your current alt over there?

Is this attack really necessary and material to the thread? I have no interest in quibbling with anyone here, but attacks detract when reading through a thread. There is a PM feature (and I don't mean that caustically).

Is this attack really necessary and material to the thread? I have no interest in quibbling with anyone here, but attacks detract when reading through a thread. There is a PM feature (and I don't mean that caustically).

How is that an attack? It was a question. We know he is banned there and since it was written almost exactly the same, the question was asking if that was his current alt there.

I have no desire to PM mumu as I have seen how he is but I was curious if that was his alt. For all I know, since he had edited his post here, he may have tried to put that in quotes and add to it but edited bits out by mistake...doubtful, but a sliver of possibility which I entertained.

So, no, my post was posted as an "attack", it was posted as a "question", and was a post because I have no desire to have a 1-1 with a member like that.

Bochiman:

You know, you could have a one-on-one with ACop ATS. Perhaps you would have like that better? Or perhaps you think it would be very (exceedingly) similar to a one-on-one with Mumu here??? :)

Mark

Bochiman:

You know, you could have a one-on-one with ACop ATS. Perhaps you would have like that better? Or perhaps you think it would be very (exceedingly) similar to a one-on-one with Mumu here??? :)

Mark

Could, but it was obvious LONG AGO that acop was an alt there. Just as to whose alt it was? Never thought about it until I saw the slip up in wording today, in similar threads with similar wording in such a close timeframe.

I make it a point not to bother to PM alts, here or there, btw. Not worth my time on that front.

Bochiman:

Mark

Could, but it was obvious LONG AGO that acop was an alt there. Just as to whose alt it was? Never thought about it until I saw the slip up in wording today, in similar threads with similar wording in such a close timeframe.

I make it a point not to bother to PM alts, here or there, btw. Not worth my time on that front.

Slip up in wording? I guess I slipped up when I posted the same signature with the same 5 coins too? You are really smart huh? Are you like, a detective?

Sig files are turned off for me, so never noticed.

You do know you can turn them off, right? ;)

Doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

He often posts the same coins and topics here and there. Very common knowledge and I suspect was only brought up in both threads in hopes that the dictator Kim Jong Willis would notice. The equivalent of "I'm telling Dad!!!"

Better get your pick ax warmed up Mumu, looks like hard labor is in your future!

He often posts the same coins and topics here and there. Very common knowledge and I suspect was only brought up in both threads in hopes that the dictator Kim Jong Willis would notice. The equivalent of "I'm telling Dad!!!"

Better get your pick ax warmed up Mumu, looks like hard labor is in your future!

I spent 8 years banned on there for an offense no one can name. I figured maybe that was deemed enough time. I would have gladly used the same name but...its not available.

I spent 8 years banned on there for an offense no one can name. I figured maybe that was deemed enough time. I would have gladly used the same name but...its not available.

I've spent several years banned for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But I figured that was their decision and I wouldn't resort to deception in order to post there.

He looks like a high volume seller numerically: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kryptonitecomics

Inability to pay consignors over a month or two after the sale when the returns will not happen is bad business and there is no reason for that. And going into the slow summer months it is unlikely business will improve.

After reading the remarks across the street; it appears that Shane has entered into some very bad business agreements. Something that should never be done, unless you understand ALL of the terms, conditions and fine print.

I still feel sorry for him and his consignors. Shane was always a positive contributor to both the boards and to the people that he was selling for.

My only hope is that his consignors are made whole, once again, and that he can somehow right his ship and keep his business afloat. Losing one's livelihood will only ADD to the stress of an already bad situation.

As for an alt.....I would never want to go somewhere (through deception) where people neither wanted nor appreciated me.

Just because someone is booted by an arbitrary moderator does not mean that the members of those forums agreed with such an often rash and final move by an information forum. In 2016 there are certainly better ways for hobby boards to deal with a few off the cuff, ill-considered or controversial posting(s). I have never seen such aggressive bannings as on the CU board and I ran into people who had been kicked off multiple times but still wanted to be a part of the forum community there. If a board is unique in booting numerous people unlike similar boards, maybe the problem is not with the posters but with the board. Cults operate like that; no tolerance for diverse or controversial opinions, with the head guru and his inner circle dictating terms and rules.

I've spent several years banned for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But I figured that was their decision and I wouldn't resort to deception in order to post there.

Deception...to what schemeish end? To post text characters that someone with anal retentive ways might have to look at? God the horror! Get over yourselves you old coots. Youre coin collectors.

Deception...to what schemeish end? To post text characters that someone with anal retentive ways might have to look at? God the horror! Get over yourselves you old coots. Youre coin collectors.

Yes, Bochi-thing is a real D.ick Tracy, eh?

As for the topic of this thread, it seems Kryptonite has been on a slippery slope to oblivion for quite some time. I also noticed the rash of blatant AT coins in his sales about 12-15 months ago. I haven't looked at really anything he's selling since. I hope those consigning coins to his hands realize he's lost a lot of credibility, but I do wish him well. It's sad to see someone drawn by money to participate in unscrupulous activities.

Deceptive to what end isn't the point. I believe that in creating and signing up for an alt account you acted deceptively. And I'm not at all surprised that your reply contained histrionics.

It's funny. As Bochibaby is spearheading this great deception discovery against me, he is ATS defending KryptoniteComics and quoting the bible. He has 100k due to consignors from his Ponzi scheme, and that's not deception. But text on a screen such as "beautiful coin!" is?

It's funny. As Bochibaby is spearheading this great deception discovery against me, he is ATS defending KryptoniteComics and quoting the bible. He has 100k due to consignors from his Ponzi scheme, and that's not deception. But text on a screen such as "beautiful coin!" is?

You either have extremely poor reading comprehension or are purposely distorting the facts for your own agenda. I suspect the latter.

Bochiman isn't defending Shane and he has made that very clear. This was his last post that I saw:

"Let's get it straight. In now way, no how, am I defending him nor his actions.

That said, getting the cops involved would require action ONLY by those directly affected and involved, right? That would be their right.

All these fakenamed/faceless internet jockeys wouldn't be able to do that unless they were part of one of these busted deals.

Therein, to me, lies the difference.

Btw...I think you have already been proven wrong on some of what you said...there has been at least one person who seems to have been willing to take a substantial hit on what he was owed in order to try to help him, and therefore others, out."

Please be more clear. Who has 100K due to consignors?

The 100K number was not KryptoniteComics. That was brought up with regard to Cameron Kiefer, the young numismatist who committed suicide back in 2010. You got your wires crossed somewhere mumu...this is how rumors and misinformation gets spread.