• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nephew's First Coin

3 posts in this topic

He's a cute little monkey, alright!

I have enjoyed reading your posts about buying coins for your young family members and finally it's my turn. My nephew is only a few weeks old and I've already got his first coin. Of course I fantasize about him becoming a coin collector like his uncle but I'll be happy if he doesn't sell it at the first opportunity.

Only time will tell about my nephew's future interests, but it does make me think about how what we post on-line now could very well be retrievable for as long as humans care to archive the internet. If my nephew ever cares to find out how I spent my spare time he can discover my passion for numismatics right here.

~Uncle Jack

17437.jpg

See more journals by jgenn

Nice coin and your nephew's birth animal for the year of his birth! It's pretty cool when a family gets a new addition, there is so much potential wrapped up in that little bundle and maybe a future numismatist at that! Congratulations Uncle Jack!

Gary

I'm the year of the horse.

You're not only a good uncle but you are doing your part to further our numismatic youth.

That is commendable, Uncle Jack!!