• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcarr suggestion

93 posts in this topic

I too have a recommendation for Dcarr. Currently your out of stock items range from saying, discontinued, sold out, and currently unavailable. Pick 1 of the 3!

All three basically mean the same thing - that the item is not available for purchase.

"Discontinued" means that I stopped making that particular item prematurely, but started offering a new item that was very similar (such as a new die pair with subtle changes).

"Sold Out" means all available inventory is sold and no more will be made.

"Currently Unavailable" means that the item is not currently available, but might become available again, depending on additional production.

"Ordering Period Expired" means that the item was advertised as being available for a specific time duration (until a specific date), and that time period has passed.

Would it not be easier and customer friendly to not list times that are not available for purchase? It is a bit confusing to have items listed as out of stock if the items are not being made, especially when you state the 3 descriptions (you listed 4) mean the same thing, that the item is not available for purchase. Is it to capture mailing list information or future customer information? If Ford does not have a 1957 model available for purchase, it certainly is not going to list the auto as out of stock or discontinued or sold out or currently unavailable or ordering period expired. It seems very misleading. When I see such wording on an internet store, I pass.

I don't do anything with mailing lists and I certainly DO NOT sell, loan, or give out, any of my customers' information. My customers do have the option of signing up for a "Newsletter". I may, at some point, occasionally send out newsletters to people that have specifically signed up for it. But I have not utilized that yet.

The way the site is structured, items that are permanently sold out are still shown for historical purposes, but such items are always shown in the product lists AFTER currently-available products are listed.

Nobody stated anything about disclosing customer information or implied a nefarious intent to use customer information in a questionable manner. That is your interpretation and without cause.As usual, you are very touchy and defensive to the extreme. I appreciate the reply, but it is somewhat double talk. The way the site is structured is completely in your hands. Just create a previous products no longer available page with some classy write ups for info, instead of misleading gobbledygook. Try to stop shouting (caps) for no reason, as if you are being accused. Sheesh, try Zanax. Not everybody is a boogeyman out to get you. A scent of misleading confusion in marketing is death to a company. Wharton advice.

The only mistake Mr. Carr made was responding to this thread.

I give him credit with all the cheap shots he takes here. Every time someone takes one at him in the future I'm going to start a thread picturing a fantasy coin of his or another of his works. Hopefully that will get others interested in his work.

I know Roger won't be able to help throwing one of his 5 year old type rants so I already have a lot of Dan's works cued up in my photobucket. Peace dollar leading off.

mark

I give him credit with all the cheap shots he takes here. Every time someone takes one at him in the future I'm going to start a thread picturing a fantasy coin of his or another of his works. Hopefully that will get others interested in his work.

I know Roger won't be able to help throwing one of his 5 year old type rants so I already have a lot of Dan's works cued up in my photobucket. Peace dollar leading off.

mark

You know what the difference is between Dan Carr and the Chinese counterfeiters?

No, I can't think of any either. They're basically the same thing.

I too have a recommendation for Dcarr. Currently your out of stock items range from saying, discontinued, sold out, and currently unavailable. Pick 1 of the 3!

All three basically mean the same thing - that the item is not available for purchase.

"Discontinued" means that I stopped making that particular item prematurely, but started offering a new item that was very similar (such as a new die pair with subtle changes).

"Currently Unavailable" means that the item is not currently available, but might become available again, depending on additional production.

"Ordering Period Expired" means that the item was advertised as being available for a specific time duration (until a specific date), and that time period has passed.

Would it not be easier and customer friendly to not list times that are not available for purchase? It is a bit confusing to have items listed as out of stock if the items are not being made, especially when you state the 3 descriptions (you listed 4) mean the same thing, that the item is not available for purchase. Is it to capture mailing list information or future customer information? If Ford does not have a 1957 model available for purchase, it certainly is not going to list the auto as out of stock or discontinued or sold out or currently unavailable or ordering period expired. It seems very misleading. When I see such wording on an internet store, I pass.

I don't do anything with mailing lists and I certainly DO NOT sell, loan, or give out, any of my customers' information. My customers do have the option of signing up for a "Newsletter". I may, at some point, occasionally send out newsletters to people that have specifically signed up for it. But I have not utilized that yet.

The way the site is structured, items that are permanently sold out are still shown for historical purposes, but such items are always shown in the product lists AFTER currently-available products are listed.

Nobody stated anything about disclosing customer information or implied a nefarious intent to use customer information in a questionable manner. That is your interpretation and without cause.As usual, you are very touchy and defensive to the extreme. I appreciate the reply, but it is somewhat double talk. The way the site is structured is completely in your hands. Just create a previous products no longer available page with some classy write ups for info, instead of misleading gobbledygook. Try to stop shouting (caps) for no reason, as if you are being accused. Sheesh, try Zanax. Not everybody is a boogeyman out to get you. A scent of misleading confusion in marketing is death to a company. Wharton advice.

He seems to be doing fine. In case you didn't notice all of his coins sell out. All of them. Seriously like all of them sell out. Strangest thing. Give the people what they want and look what happens. You have turned being picayune into an art form.

One more thing speaking from experience Wharton is over rated. Harvard too.

mark

He seems to be doing fine. In case you didn't notice all of his coins sell out. All of them. Seriously like all of them sell out. Strangest thing. Give the people what they want and look what happens. You have turned being picayune into an art form.

mark

Wharton is overrated because everyone there got a head start with their money. Ask Trump.

Kommunity Kollege millionaire crew checking in.

You know what the difference is between Dan Carr and the Chinese counterfeiters?

No, I can't think of any either. They're basically the same thing.

You lose credibility with every post like this.

And I'm guessing you also have issues with ANACS -- they grade & certify D Carr products. http://www.moonlightmint.com/anacs.htm

1916%20Barber%20half%20dollar%20proof-like%20--%20Daniel%20Carr%20modern%20overstrike%208_zpsmgrua6ea.jpg

1916%20Barber%20half%20dollar%20proof-like%20--%20Daniel%20Carr%20modern%20overstrike%209_zps4wwallwn.jpg

mark

It is worth a try.

Unfortunately, there are those who believe they can make themselves more popular/important by berating others. It seems they will even go as far as to pretend there is a threat where none exists in an attempt to portray themselves as righteous numismatic saviors.

In one particular case, I suspect it is more about the power to manipulate certain forum members.

mark

Mark, your posts I find fascinating; zero problem. But, do we really have to wait on upsetting Roger to see one of these Peace dollars? I'm new to this topic but have heard of them. I would enjoying seeing one and since you have one cued up in your photobucket, which also I don't understand but that's for another thread. Could you please post one?

MUMU- ditto above but I'd like to see one of these hologram bars as I have no idea what you're referring to except now I want one too.

Thanks to all. I'm still technically on hiatus but I do try and read at least every other week.

They don't exist yet but take a look for his hologram coins and youll see how cool a bar with a fancy back and a hologram look would be.

You asked: "Is it to capture mailing list information or future customer information?". I answered. I'm not the one who is "touchy". It is my customers. They are often very concerned with their privacy. Whenever the subject of customer information comes up, I emphatically state the fact that I do not share any such information with anyone. This is to reassure my customers. And I will continue to be emphatic about that.

PS: All currently-available items are always listed on my main page. Sold-out (permanently unavailable) items are not shown on the main page. So that is all you have to look through. But if a specific product category is chosen, the product list shows available items at the top, and unavailable items at the end of the list.

You asked: "Is it to capture mailing list information or future customer information?". I answered. I'm not the one who is "touchy". It is my customers. They are often very concerned with their privacy. Whenever the subject of customer information comes up, I emphatically state the fact that I do not share any such information with anyone. This is to reassure my customers. And I will continue to be emphatic about that.

PS: All currently-available items are always listed on my main page. Sold-out (permanently unavailable) items are not shown on the main page. So that is all you have to look through. But if a specific product category is chosen, the product list shows available items at the top, and unavailable items at the end of the list.

This is generally true but there is a bug. Take a look at your fantasy page. Theres a bulk barber listed in the middle as available.

mark

Mark, your posts I find fascinating; zero problem. But, do we really have to wait on upsetting Roger to see one of these Peace dollars? I'm new to this topic but have heard of them. I would enjoying seeing one and since you have one cued up in your photobucket, which also I don't understand but that's for another thread. Could you please post one?

MUMU- ditto above but I'd like to see one of these hologram bars as I have no idea what you're referring to except now I want one too.

Thanks to all. I'm still technically on hiatus but I do try and read at least every other week.

They don't exist yet but take a look for his hologram coins and youll see how cool a bar with a fancy back and a hologram look would be.

Ok, back to the topic of hologram bars.

A few years ago I did make some 2-oz and 4-oz rounds with struck-in holograms. Some of the "cheezy" hologram coins on the market are just stickers applied to otherwise normal coins. Mine were struck through a nickel shim, which is nickel foil that has sub-microscopic peaks and valleys on the surface. These cause interference patterns in the reflected light which results in prismatic colors. When silver is struck through a holographic shim, the peaks and valleys of the shim are imprinted into the surface of the silver. The resulting silver piece has the holographic effect and there is no sticker or polymer coating or anything - just pure silver.

It costs a significant amount to have the "mastering" done for a holographic image. Once that is done, many nickel shims can be made from it.

The nickel shims I used were quite large. They didn't last very long - a dozen strikes each, if that. For my image, I chose a simple starburst pattern like a compact disk. That way, I could use it as a design accent in just about any situation.

I think I may have some shims left over from that previous project. If I used them in smaller areas only, they might last longer (more strikes) than before.

I have seen 1-troy-oz hologram gold bars. But I do not think anyone has ever made a hologram silver bar. But it is possible. I will think about it.

Here are my previous hologram silver rounds:

50mm 2-troy-oz, 1st type, 50 minted:

xc_2012_2_obv.jpg

xc_2012_2_rev.jpg

63mm 4-troy-oz, 1st type, 25 minted:

xc_2012_4_obv.jpg

xc_2012_4_rev.jpg

50mm 2-troy-oz, 2nd type, 25 minted:

xc_2012_2l.jpg

This is generally true but there is a bug. Take a look at your fantasy page. Theres a bulk barber listed in the middle as available.

Thanks for pointing that out, now corrected.

Once the inventory of an item is depleted, I have to:

specify an additional quantity to add to available inventory;

mark the item as temporarily unavailable if I plan to have some more later;

or mark the item as sold out.

Sometimes I fail to update a listing properly.

I have the ounce rounds. Big fan. The 4 ounce rounds are available once in awhile but for quite the premium. I am hoping your 3oz bars catch a premium and I can trade 3-4 of them out on ebay. Unlikely, but I am an interested reserver if youre willing on any holobars. 2 or 3 to be fair, but Id take 10 if you made a lot. The fancy back design in hologram would look amazing.

At first, I thought it would be neat for Dan to strike silver versions of the 2016 dime, quarter and half in silver and/or clad since the Mint is only doing them in gold. I'm sure they would sell very well.

However, in thinking about it more, probably not a good idea to go down that path as it would certainly break Dan's rule of not striking fantasy coins of dates that already exist. The 2016 dimes, quarters and halves will all certainly exist as the Mint is striking them this year in gold. Producing them in a different metallic composition isn't quite different enough so I doubt it'll happen.

That said, the centennial silver rounds Dan made up with these designs are really neat and are good enough for me!

At first, I thought it would be neat for Dan to strike silver versions of the 2016 dime, quarter and half in silver and/or clad since the Mint is only doing them in gold. I'm sure they would sell very well.

However, in thinking about it more, probably not a good idea to go down that path as it would certainly break Dan's rule of not striking fantasy coins of dates that already exist. The 2016 dimes, quarters and halves will all certainly exist as the Mint is striking them this year in gold. Producing them in a different metallic composition isn't quite different enough so I doubt it'll happen.

That said, the centennial silver rounds Dan made up with these designs are really neat and are good enough for me!

What if he struck silver quarter sized WLHs, half dollar SLQs, and Mercury Dollars?

mark

I am not certain what your point is, other than you seem to think I am disparaging Mr. Carr. Do not confuse me with others. I have always responded to Mr. Carr with courtesy. Mr. Carr tends to assume insult when none is intended, and obfuscates and takes offense, and responds condescendingly. He assigns an interpretation of evil to posts that do not agree with him, as he did with my posts and has done many times before.

I understand your support of his products and there is reason to so. However, when your support smarmy, you encourage that which you attempt to defend against.

Mr. Carr invited my response because of his manner of reply. I will respond in kind. It is not my nature to do so, but will always do so when a person is condescending toward me.

As to your thoughts about Wharton, I do not disagree. It does have its' moments, though.

Thank you Mr. Carr. However you continue to misdirect. You interpreted that which wasn't and treat your interpretation as truth and build on the issue by misdirecting via turning it into a demand of customers.

You saw disparity where there was none, but the messenger is not to your liking, and you again obfuscate and respond in a condescending manner.you simply choose to shoot the messenger. I am not your antagonist. That is the purview of others. Please go back to the beginning of the Thread. Read it. One of the first things you will discover is my thoughts concerning your endeavors, and a definition that is logical and reasonable and supports an interpretation of fantasy. There is no need to continue to use caps as if you are offended. You were not accused of that which you protest against.

We are all touchy. You are simply a person that misinterprets others by perception more than reality frequently.

mark

Wharton is overrated because everyone there got a head start with their money. Ask Trump.

Politics is not allowed on the Boards. Ever. Reported.

Try to stop shouting (caps) for no reason, as if you are being accused. Sheesh, try Zanax.

Mrknowitall- I don't really have a dog in this fight nor even an opinion on Mr. Carr. Ive always enjoyed your posts and certainally do not want to get into a disagreement with you as the bar for me is pretty low compare to most here but; it's Xanax with a X not Z. And no, I'm not on it just married to a PharmD.

There is no fight. That is for others. It is a chat board. It is not that mportant in life

Yes. I am aware of the proper spelling. There is a reason. As to the comment concerning as married connection to Pharma, I do not understand the reason

There is no disagreement to be had over the spelling of pharma. lol

That would be the height of condescension. I like to believe I don't consider myself to be that important or superior, to have to resort to that level.

mark

Politics is not allowed on the Boards. Ever. Reported.

There's nothing political about my reference you little girl.

I am the OP of this thread. I started it just to give dcarr a suggestion. That quickly morphed into another discssion of dcarr's work. And now mumu is going after Mr.Mcknowitall. All I can say is that a dcarr thread definitely has legs. If I have any more suggestions for dcarr, I think I'll be pm'ing them...

Mark

Making a counterfeit coin (or paper currency) is a fraudulent act from the instant the false dies or plates are made. Nothing else has to occur. The US Code is very clear.

This is totally false, and ignorant of the legal definition of "fraudulent".

A "fraudulent act", by legal definition, MUST involve fraudulent intent. If there is no fraudulent intent, then at worst, it would be a "negligent act".

You're cherry picking your citations again. "Fraudulent" means "characterized by, based on, or done by fraud." Courts recognize plain vanilla fraud (requiring scienter) and constructive fraud in civil cases. Constructive fraud does NOT require scienter (i.e. intent).

As for the other legal arguments, I made my thoughts clear in my post at the bottom of page 9 in this thread .

Ever hear of the currency artist "Boggs?"

You mean the Boggs that was discussed here? The same Boggs that had works confiscated by the Secret Service and who filed a declaratory judgment action in federal court asking federal judges to declare his works to not be counterfeits (an invitation which the courts plainly refused and found such works could fall within the purview of those statutes)? Yeah, we discussed him. ;)

mark

I am not certain what your point is, other than you seem to think I am disparaging Mr. Carr. Do not confuse me with others. I have always responded to Mr. Carr with courtesy. Mr. Carr tends to assume insult when none is intended, and obfuscates and takes offense, and responds condescendingly. He assigns an interpretation of evil to posts that do not agree with him, as he did with my posts and has done many times before.

I understand your support of his products and there is reason to so. However, when your support smarmy, you encourage that which you attempt to defend against.

Mr. Carr invited my response because of his manner of reply. I will respond in kind. It is not my nature to do so, but will always do so when a person is condescending toward me.

As to your thoughts about Wharton, I do not disagree. It does have its' moments, though.

Fair enough on the points directed at me. I read your dialog with Dan differently. Anyways over beers it all might read even direct.

Reporting someone to the mods in a passionate thread. Not cool. Hope you were kidding

mark

i am looking at a "constructive fraud legal definition" "constructive fraud is a legal fiction describing a situation where a person or entity gained an unfair advantage over another by deceitful or unfair methods. Intent does not need to be shown as in the case of actual fraud."

There is nothing in this thread that has shown any evidence of any constructive fraud, much less actual fraud, which requires evidence of intent.

*Wharton/Harvard/Ivy league turf battle in progress*

nocare sidenote

I cant claim to be a UPenn guy and certainly not a Wharton guy as I do IT. But I was accepted to UPenn's adult Mathematics program while at CCP as the president of CCP's honor society. But I fell about 15k short after all scholarships and financial aid was applied. I would have failed out anyway.

I am the OP of this thread. I started it just to give dcarr a suggestion. That quickly morphed into another discssion of dcarr's work. And now mumu is going after Mr.Mcknowitall. All I can say is that a dcarr thread definitely has legs. If I have any more suggestions for dcarr, I think I'll be pm'ing them...

Mark

Your OP sparked an interesting angle that rekindled this debate. You had a problem with Dcarr's work, until you had an idea for a project you liked. Then ethics went out the window. The Peace dollar was the original big hitter in this debate that started the big controversies. And the mythical lore of the 64 Peace dollar with its own tainted history piggy backed along and made it a worse Case for Dan IMO. Doesn't help everyone here is a lawyer either.