• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Imperial Russian Coins

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I'm interested in Imperial Russian coins from period 1500 - 1917 years. If someone has something interesting to offer - you are welcome.

There's the Russian Numismatic Society -- but I'm not sure they are still in operation. Their website has been static since 2013.

I had a look at the site of Russian Numismatic Society. It doesn't look like this site works since 2013. Also no any information for members except of home page.

As an old adage says, everything can be found at some Russia flea market. Moreover, some sellers don't even know the true price of what they're selling. My friend was in Russia and brought me 50 kopek 1913 and he said it cost him almost nothing. As far as I remember he was at Udelnaya flea market, it's in St Petersburg. https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/ Here you can read more about its location and opening hours. I'm going to Petersburg in August, I think I'll drop by.

4 hours ago, snuffkin said:

As an old adage says, everything can be found at some Russia flea market. Moreover, some sellers don't even know the true price of what they're selling. My friend was in Russia and brought me 50 kopek 1913 and he said it cost him almost nothing. As far as I remember he was at Udelnaya flea market, it's in St Petersburg. https://petersburg.expert/blog/udelnaya-flea-market/ Here you can read more about its location and opening hours. I'm going to Petersburg in August, I think I'll drop by.

Oh my, that flea market looks amazing.  I've been trying to figure out for a year or so where I should go internationally with my AA miles and haven't been able to find a spot that makes me *zing*.  But I think that coupled with the history of the area and the proximity for travel to other cities/countries by train grants bonus points.  And it looks like they may have a beach which is one of the big point items on my ongoing list.  Thanks for sharing!