• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digging through an old coin box and found this

9 posts in this topic

I was digging through a coin box of Walkers that I had put away years ago and found this nice !946 S 50C End Roll Toner. I can't really do it justice with the Iphone but thought I would share anyway. I thought it was pretty cool.

IMG_4220_zpskcssgbvj.jpg

small_zpsgimvypbx.jpg

Dang! You had that just sitting in a box?

Super nice, and I'd love to take that off your hands!

I used to buy bulk lots back in the early 90s when Teletrade was just starting and coins were listed sight unseen on the basic internet feed, which is why the old holders. The bulk lots in at the end of the auction seemed to go cheap. This coin was one of four coins in a set simply described as "Brilliant Group with some yellow on the rims, average strike, above average luster, a few tics."

I remember getting the lot and thinking that the guy describing the auction was a little too general on the coins, but thought that the coin stood out from the others.

IMG_4223_zps4txkcj89.jpg

IMG_4225_zpsdkztmthj.jpg

Do you remember if they looked like that when you bought them? Or are the old fatty slabs similar to PCI slabs in that 25 years causes cool toning on some coins?

I do love the reverse on yours.

Do you remember if they looked like that when you bought them? Or are the old fatty slabs similar to PCI slabs in that 25 years causes cool toning on some coins?

I do love the reverse on yours.

The coins look completely unchanged to me.