• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will it straight grade?

22 posts in this topic

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331821571943

This is up on Kryptonitecomics store right now.

I have my own opinion on the coin, but want some of yours as well.

Question 1:

Is this AT, QT, NT.

Question 2:

Regardless to your answer of 1, would it straight grade at PCGS/NGC? (Is it MA?)

Question 3

What do you think the straight grade (with and without color bump) would be if it actually straight graded?

I don't think so. The red next to the blue are not how things go on the progression chart. same with the ring of gold inside and out. The many flecks and the lack of any hint of pull away toning are all concerns.

The actual grade is MS 63 at best.

Now that I've weighed in, I'm probably totally wrong.

Shane thinks it toned in the holder. Ok, but why the target pattern then?

Still attractive enough to crack out and submit to be certain. If that's real, it's worth a couple hundred bucks to someone.

Time to gambolllllll!!!

That generation of PCI slabs are well known for toning in the slab.

If sent in raw, I do not feel it will straight grade.

If sent in in slab at 'cross at any grade', I feel it will grade 62-64 fbl range

It almost looks like bugsbunny hairs from nose and upper lip

I don't think so. The red next to the blue are not how things go on the progression chart. same with the ring of gold inside and out. The many flecks and the lack of any hint of pull away toning are all concerns.

Shane thinks it toned in the holder. Ok, but why the target pattern then?

This doesn't seem similar enough to the PCI silver eagles?

And yes, it doesn't match the Sunnywood toning progression, but the PCI eagles don't either.

I think the real question is would PCGS say (if it did tone in the PCI slab), "ok it looks like this is a PCI coin, so that's why it toned like this" like they do with the eagles.

It's my understanding that PGCS will grade toned Silver Eagles that have no chance here. I don't know why that is. I think NGC just doesn't want to go there.

As I said before, why not try?

It's my understanding that PGCS will grade toned Silver Eagles that have no chance here. I don't know why that is. I think NGC just doesn't want to go there.

As I said before, why not try?

The reason not to try would be because the upside/downside (considering the cost of grading and postage, vs. the added value if it were to grade out) doesn't warrant it.

For curiosity's sake, I hope he does.

He's have to win it first...the auction doesn't end until Sunday.

I will just have to hope he does and that I will survive the disappointment if he does not. As for the latter, preparing one's self for this eventuality is essential. I find that meditation usually does the job, but, in this particular case, medication may be required.

I'm not going to say it is NT - the colors just don't look right.

If it isn't outright AT, then it is definitely questionable. I strongly doubt that it would get into a PCGS/NGC slab.

And at that price, you'd be crazy to even consider bidding ($300 now).

Hammered for $458.00!! :o

Seriously, I think it's cool and worth a premium.

I have overpaid a heck of a lot more for certain Walkers that I 'had to have'.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331821571943

This is up on Kryptonitecomics store right now.

I have my own opinion on the coin, but want some of yours as well.

Question 1:

Is this AT, QT, NT.

Question 2:

Regardless to your answer of 1, would it straight grade at PCGS/NGC? (Is it MA?)

Question 3

What do you think the straight grade (with and without color bump) would be if it actually straight graded?

1) Is the holder paper burnt? Has this slab been in an oven?

2) It has a 25% chance of grading, IMO. It has evidence of natural toning, but it seems enhanced.

3) 64FBL

If it was in an oven, wouldn't the plastic be melted? I suppose if you new the exact temperature you could go.... like 322 degrees or whatever.