• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1815/2 Bust Half Upgrade!

10 posts in this topic

For a few years I have been working on a bust half date set. The qualifications for my set were AU grade with nice toning and CAC approved. 90% of my set met these qualifications. One of the more elusive coins to get in my parameters was the 1815/2. The example I had was VF30 CAC with crusty original surfaces. I loved the coin, but always wanted to upgrade it. A HUGE thanks to JA who helped me secure this example with gorgeous toning and mint luster intact. The timing worked out, and with the market a little slow, the price was great.

This one grades PCGS AU53 CAC. Sorry for the pictures, my photo setup is in storage. So Iphone pics will have to do for now :)

Thanks for looking!

o0a13k.jpg

6f9zrm.jpg

Ankur

Sweet addition! I'd ask what you plan to do with the old one, but I just blew my budget filling a hole in my Saint set!

The color on that, especially the obverse, is stunning.

I agree with Roger that I would like it better at a slightly lower grade, but it is an extremely attractive coin. Congrats on the purchase!