• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this forum so poorly followed?

76 posts in this topic

Mozin,

I would make one more minor point that pertains to myself only. I was booted off the PCGS forum, and despite invitations to re-register, have decided that the NGC forum is the better place for me. So even given the choice, I prefer the NGC boards. I don't know if the banning frenzy that took place at PCGS is over now, but my understanding is that NGC gives you a second and third chance (so to speak), and at least you know why you get banned. At PCGS, it was one day there, the next day * poof * gone!

James

This forum is a lot more low key than the other forum. I hardly ever go over there and prefer it here

I think that the mellow tone here happens to suit many of us. To each their own I guess. Besides, there are over 4000 members on this forum. That does not connotate a small following to me.

and most of those members are the Comic Book Cats, it really jumps over there...

This forum is a lot more low key than the other forum. I hardly ever go over there and prefer it here

I think that the mellow tone here happens to suit many of us. To each their own I guess. Besides, there are over 4000 members on this forum. That does not connotate a small following to me.

and most of those members are the Comic Book Cats, it really jumps over there...

Comic's are cool 893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

Jumps?????????????? We talking a board?

Get with it cat, don't be square...

Those Comic Hepcats really get that joint jumpin!

It is never dullsville over there Daddy-o.

• Administrator

Argue more.

smile.gif

I know that sounds disingenuous, but the truth is that controversy draws comment. These boards are quick to reach reasonable conclusions on discussions and generate either general agreement, or at the very least a harmonious agreement to disagree. The heart of active posting is much more frequently DISAGREEMENT, and an insistence on that disagreement.

I say that CAREFULLY, though, because there's a vast and deep gap between arguing contentiously and in a mean spirited way, and arguing vigorously but amiably. The trick is to be unretiring in stating your views and being willing to contradict others without being disrespectful to the point of dislike.

Argue more.

smile.gif

I know that sounds disingenuous, but the truth is that controversy draws comment. These boards are quick to reach reasonable conclusions on discussions and generate either general agreement, or at the very least a harmonious agreement to disagree. The heart of active posting is much more frequently DISAGREEMENT, and an insistence on that disagreement.

I say that CAREFULLY, though, because there's a vast and deep gap between arguing contentiously and in a mean spirited way, and arguing vigorously but amiably. The trick is to be unretiring in stating your views and being willing to contradict others without being disrespectful to the point of dislike.

WHO ASKED YOU? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

Perhaps if the TIMESTAMP on this forum was FINALLY FIXED people would post more? sign-rantpost.gif

Perhaps if the TIMESTAMP on this forum was FINALLY FIXED people would post more? sign-rantpost.gif

Yes, and force everyone to write their posts in haiku format. foreheadslap.gif

Yes, and force everyone to write their posts in haiku format. foreheadslap.gif

???? What time stamp issues.....I am missing something here foreheadslap.gif

I'm not sure exactly what TJ is referring to, but I have noticed that the forum time is off by several minutes now and again. It'll show a new post being created at 3:00 PM and it is only 2:50 PM.

I'm not sure exactly what TJ is referring to, but I have noticed that the forum time is off by several minutes now and again. It'll show a new post being created at 3:00 PM and it is only 2:50 PM.

Precisely, and it's not "now and again" unless by that you mean "constantly" which I take "now and again" to mean, literally speaking.

Just reset all your clocks to agree and you won't have a problem. Plus, you'll always be early for everything.

No. That's not an option. Currently this forum is 12 minutes fast.

Although this forum does not get the traffic that they get across the street, I think here, people will take you question / comment at face value and attempt to answer it. There are many knowledgeable people on this forum. I look at both forums, and I think that quality is more important than quantity.

Personally, like Greg, I don't like threads about:

a) how person A's E-Bay auction is bothering person B's hemmorhoids

b) how someone is pi**ed-off because their coin arrived one day after the promised thirtyday turnaround time

c) about how someone is mad because the eighteenth illegitimate son of King Farouk gave him negative feedback on E-Bay, or

d) someone is on a jihad against Laura Sperber.

I look at the posts that interest me, and pass on the ones that don't.

Nice looking Dodge Neon.

I once dated a girl who had a '67 Charger. She called it her "Mighty Mopar". That was 19 years ago. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What kind of car are you leaning against in the black and white picture?

Nice looking Dodge Neon.

I once dated a girl who had a '67 Charger. She called it her "Mighty Mopar". That was 19 years ago. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like a Ford.....Galaxy?.....61-63?..... or..... Chevy.....BelAir?.....61-63?

Chris

Nice looking Dodge Neon.

That is my 64 Thunderbird, and she really hugs the road!

tbird101.jpg

Nice looking Dodge Neon.

That is my 64 Thunderbird, and she really hugs the road!

tbird101.jpg

Cool car, Lucy! I had a '64 Galaxy 500 back then. The body lines and the interior light in the back were the same. However, I missed that part of the T-Bird emblem near your left elbow. I should have known!

Chris

I remember the T-Birds from that era. Yes, they did hug the road---just as long as there were no curves. hi.gif

Welcome back, Lucy. I had a '64 T-Bird back then. Does yours have the 390CID, Holly 4-Bbl. carb, V-8?

Yesiree, the Ford 390...

tbird4.jpg