• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUYING

23 posts in this topic

NGC only, Peace Dollars MS63 or higher.

My preference is BLAST white or Frosty White coins.

I'm a stickler when it comes to ugly toning, I will turn my head and yack... However, that being said, I've run across some BEAUTIFUL Rainbow toning that I will certainly consider.

Anyone sellin'?

There are two or three on my website that might be for you.

Click "silver dollars", and when that page loads, scroll clear down to the bottom.

All prices listed are PPD.

http://www.oldtowncoinshop.com

(temporarily redirects to my "earlyus" website).

Why does the coin have to be NGC? Buy the coin, not the holder.

Because that's what I want to do.

If you want to artificially limit the pool of coins you can acquire based on which top-level TPG plastic they reside in, that is indeed your prerogative.

I agree because he want to. Again I wish I had a $1.00 for every time I hear or read buy the coin not the holder? Really, why cant people do what they want?

I like that.

Funny enough, my entire reason is that as long as the coin is legit and I like it, then I'll buy it... As long as its in an NGC slab.

I literally just prefer the look and feel of the NGC slab.

That being said, there are LOTS of NGC slabbed coins that I pass on literally everyday 'cause I just don't like the coin.

I agree because he want to. Again I wish I had a $1.00 for every time I hear or read buy the coin not the holder? Really, why cant people do what they want?

Because too many closed-minded people can't understand the very definition of personal freedom. I commend you Mr. Phillips.

When they make up my gravestone, all I want it to say on it is "He did it HIS way"

Thank you, Fudope and LuckyOne.

I do have registry sets, by the way.

I had to peek at the quarters, nice set- did you have to pay much of a premium for them in slabs or did you actually send some in? Now when are you gonna start collecting half eagles? :)

LuckyOne:

I sent 2 of those in myself, and have purchased the rest. Overall I have paid about 50% of the actual value of the set...

Thanks for the compliment!

1/2 Eagles? It'll be awhile, haha! :)

I hear you man, it took me most of my 51 years in the hobby to graduate to rare gold but it was a necessary move imho- with some of the crazy prices asked for minors with ten to a hundred times as many slabbed now costing more than obviously rare half eagles with less than 100 known to exist, it really was a no-brainer to sell off all of my minors and assemble a set of these. You'll get there my friend, just keep doing what you're doing and keep VALUE in mind, and especially don't allow yourself to get cought up in hype, and you'll wake up one day in the same position I find myself in. To tell you the truth- growing up poor I never imagined I'd have a nice collection let alone what I have now. I collected for fun but spent my money wisely and researched every series well before diving in. Sounds like you're on the right path and I wish you success!