• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1923 Peace Dollar w/ Fun POLL

1923 Peace Dollar  

69 members have voted

1. 1. 1923 Peace Dollar

31 posts in this topic

It has the general smoothness of an MS-64, but that scrach accross Ms. Liberty's cheek would make me reluctant to pay MS-64 money for it. It is matter of a scratch being in the wrong place. That's why I thought MS-63 when I looked at it.

It has the general smoothness of an MS-64, but that scrach accross Ms. Liberty's cheek would make me reluctant to pay MS-64 money for it. It is matter of a scratch being in the wrong place. That's why I thought MS-63 when I looked at it.

Bill,

Great breakdown. The scratch you mentioned is evident, but very light/minor, not a reed mark or deep at all.

Thanks for your feedback!

Van

I figured I'd let it go a week and pull back the curtain...

People will lose interest and forget about the post if you don’t respond with the grade within a few days.

I think it was graded correctly. It's a nice one!

Not really, at least according to the poll results. Many of us think it looks like a 63 and not a 64.

I think it was graded correctly. It's a nice one!

Not really, at least according to the poll results. Many of us think it looks like a 63 and not a 64.

And each of us have our own opinion. I think it looks a solid 64. And I think its a nice one!!!

I was curious about the 63 grade that others had posted.

It'd be fun if we were able to do a short video so you could see the movement of the coin catching different light, etc...

The surface scratches are minor and not deep at all, and when in hand don't really detract from the coin.

It's certainly not a 67-worthy coin, but a strong 64 for sure in-hand.

Thanks everyone for participating...