• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround Time

19 posts in this topic

Just curious on turnaround times. My earlybird submittal showed up as recieved on 2/28, and today (3/18) when I checked on-line, it is still listed as recieved. Are alll tiers running behind and if so, by how much.

Thanks in advance. Andy

Hello:

I'm new to the boards, but not to collecting or to using NGC's services. I received fantastic service on some "onsite" submissions at the recent FUN show in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am also wondering about current turnaround times; specifically world coins. I've heard they're taking a bit longer than usual. I have a number to submit under the "value" and "standard" services, and am also awaiting my Collector Society submission certificates. What can I expect regarding turnaround?

Thanks,

Prussian

I'm curious do all that sent in earlybird submissions get coupons for free submission since your running a week behind ?

gallagher

Sorry, the answer is no but we are working extremely hard to get caught up.

Thanks,

Is it possible for NGC to display an estimation time next to submission (based on current volumes) and not just received? It will be nice for all of us. And finally I think that the delay is more than two weeks.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the paper submission forms or the one online. I don't think the regular paper forms would be feasible or able to accurately do so, but the online form may be able to be updated to allow that feature, I can further investigate that option.

Thanks,

Hello:

I'm new to the boards, but not to collecting or to using NGC's services. I received fantastic service on some "onsite" submissions at the recent FUN show in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am also wondering about current turnaround times; specifically world coins. I've heard they're taking a bit longer than usual. I have a number to submit under the "value" and "standard" services, and am also awaiting my Collector Society submission certificates. What can I expect regarding turnaround?

Thanks,

Prussian

We are currently 5 days behind on world coins.

Thanks,

I am completely sympathetic to increased turn around times due to unexpected spikes in submissions. I have a small group of coins that are currently listed as being in "Quality Control". This is the 8th day that they have been listed this way. I called to make certain that there was not an issue and was told early birds are now at 22 days. I understand that. But what other than imaging, verifying the coins to the invoice and shipping them goes on in "Quality Control" that takes 8 days and counting?

Hi,

Quality Control also involves a final inspection of the coins inside the holder by a grading finalizer in addition to the other aspects you mentioned. Your coins will not show in the next process, Shipped, until they have actually been packaged and shipped.

Thanks,

How far behind is NGC on Modern Submissions. I sent in a group of 21 coins that were marked as received on the 8th of March.......obviously we are well past the estimate of 12 business days at this point?

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Hi,

There isn't a specific time that is substantially slower or faster per say, especially considering the current coin market. There is always going to be a fairly constant stream of submissions on all tier levels throughout the year, with perhaps short spikes in either direction for certain tier levels. For example, the beginning of the year with the release of many modern pieces will lead to a short influx of submissions on that tier, but for the most part there is always a constant flow of submissions at every level.

Thanks,

We are 8 days behind on modern tier currently.

Thanks,

It will soon be 10 days if Andrew must keep answering these posts on turn-around time.

Chris

• Administrator

We updated our services chart online to include current turnaround times. Check it out. The 'Current Turnaround' column will be frequently updated so you can check for the most up-to-date turnaround information anytime.