• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Toned Peace Dollar - Original Surfaces with Light Brown Toning

10 posts in this topic

Here's a recent 1921 Peace Dollar purchase that I'm pleased to share with my fellow forum members.

This particular coin was selected for it's Original Surfaces with Light Brown Toning.

I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts, observations and comments about her. :)

1921 Toned Peace Dollar

1921%20Peace%20-%20Montage_zps49vruuhk.jpg

1921%20Peace%20-%20Obv_zps6yfrtdyu.jpg1921%20Peace%20-%20Rev_zpsegsnwbxk.jpg

The strike is good, and the luster appears strong. I like the originality of the patina. I'd say that is an attractive coin.

Agreed and it looks quite clean for an MS63.

The strike is good, and the luster appears strong. I like the originality of the patina. I'd say that is an attractive coin.

Mark, where are you seeing a grade or is that what you would grade it?

That's an excellent question. My apologies, as I don't know where I got that, but I have learned that it was incorrect. I will let the OP disclose the grade, if he cares to.

That's an excellent question. My apologies, as I don't know where I got that, but I have learned that it was incorrect. I will let the OP disclose the grade, if he cares to.

No worries. I re-read the thread 3x before posing the question. It was early this morning, so I thought I might have missed something.

I'd grade the coin a MS64.

Nice 1921. Slightly above average detail, but largely free of distracting marks; cheek smooth & original except for one reed mark.