• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently had some of my toners imaged - pics here

18 posts in this topic

Joe Best did these, he can take some super photos and did a great job on these. Love em? Hate em?

1913 Type 1 5c - old ANA holder MS62(!!??) How many gold beans does this get?

1913_zpsm5y1b2sl.jpg

1936-D 5c - pcgs rattler MS65

1936-D%20Buff_zps9nffglbr.jpg

1941 50c old NGC green label MS66, tons of luster, photos done to capture color

1941%20wlh%2066_zpsplinwaf5.jpg

1928-S 25c NGC65FH CAC

1928-S%20SL_zpscjcsosrm.jpg

Maybe and hopefully it's just the toning, but the ANACS Buffalo nickel looks AU to me.

I see exactly what you are referencing, and I do believe that it is due to the toning. I have seen multiple coins with similar colors/patterns of toning.

Interesting how differently people perceive coin photos. For me, the photos lack detail - especially in the central parts - and are too dark....but that's more a reflection of what I look for in a photo.

While the coins are beautiful, so are the photos. Best pics. lol

Thanks Jim. Always nice to hear. As for the coins imaged I gotta say they are all quite beautiful. Jeremy, is pretty darn good at locating and assessing the coins he purchases. I think he is also quite humble about it too. Most all the coins he purchases are raw. He has some VERY good skills.

Way to go my friend. :applause:

Maybe and hopefully it's just the toning, but the ANACS Buffalo nickel looks AU to me.

I see exactly what you are referencing, and I do believe that it is due to the toning. I have seen multiple coins with similar colors/patterns of toning.

I agree, zero chance one can tell from those images whether it has rub or toning, have to see in hand to know that. Surely Mr. Feld knows that while it might look AU, it could be in hand a MS62? (shrug)

Nice images, nice coins!

Best, HT

I agree, zero chance one can tell from those images whether it has rub or toning, have to see in hand to know that. Surely Mr. Feld knows that while it might look AU, it could be in hand a MS62? (shrug)

Nice images, nice coins!

Best, HT

Obviously I've seen this buff in hand and for my money it's under graded. Looks 63 all day with a very good shot at 64 if the luster has anything to say about it. It is one beautiful Buff.

Interesting how differently people perceive coin photos. For me, the photos lack detail - especially in the central parts - and are too dark....but that's more a reflection of what I look for in a photo.

I think the pic of the 36D Buff is quite artistic, and well done. I like this one (of course, I have no idea how it compares to in-hand).

I am really not a fan of the Walker and SLQ pics (the coins themselves look to be extremely attractive). The pictures look "flat" and "dull." There is little contrast, and I have absolutely no idea what the luster or surfaces on these pieces is like. The pictures appear to have been taken in a style to highlight the toning, which they do well - but that really only presents one aspect of the coin. I personally prefer a picture which attempts to show all of the merits of the coin, and not just accentuate one aspect of it. Again, that is a personal preference, and your preferences may vary.

About the 1913: I can't tell whether it's AU or not by the photo. I look at the Buffalo's hip and I don't see the "plateau" but in hand it might be different. To answer whether this coin gets a "gold" bean the answer is no...it's in an ANACS holder and CAC only looks at PCGS and NGC.

jom

I think the pic of the 36D Buff is quite artistic, and well done. I like this one (of course, I have no idea how it compares to in-hand).

I am really not a fan of the Walker and SLQ pics (the coins themselves look to be extremely attractive). The pictures look "flat" and "dull." There is little contrast, and I have absolutely no idea what the luster or surfaces on these pieces is like. The pictures appear to have been taken in a style to highlight the toning, which they do well - but that really only presents one aspect of the coin. I personally prefer a picture which attempts to show all of the merits of the coin, and not just accentuate one aspect of it. Again, that is a personal preference, and your preferences may vary.

Perhaps you would prefer the GSC style imaging?