• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1916 Mint Set Finished!

6 posts in this topic

1916 a great transitional year.

I finally finished my 1916 mint set. It has two great 20th century Key date coins, the Liberty Standing Quarter and the Winged Liberty (Mercury) Dime. I have pictures for each of the coins. Although there was no ranking benefit to adding pictures, I personally enjoy looking at my fellow collectors' sets more when the included pictures of the coins. As the saying goes "A picture is worth 1000 words".

I don't know if this link will work but I'll give it a try. It is a link to my mint set, I welcome comments, criticism and insight.

John

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=185101&Ranking=ngc

17148.jpg

See more journals by JTO

What a great set.

This is a set that I could see myself doing, as it was the beginning year for the Renaissance Age of coinage.

I love the Walker and the Mercury by Weinman.

The Standing Liberty design by McNeil is probably my second favorite only to the Walker.

Your 1916 SLQ is amazing.

Congrats!

Pictures actually do count for something. That is in case of a tie numerically. Coins with the most comments and pictures will be in a higher position when more than one set has the same number of points awarded.